OT: USF 75, Memphis 51 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: USF 75, Memphis 51

Reaction Score
Yes there are numbers that measure how good teams are.

You can take the team’s numbers and combine them into conference numbers.

Then you can compare the conference numbers.

The gap between the AAC and Big East has GROWN between 16-18 and that’s with the AAC adding a good Wichita team.

CUSA is closer to the AAC than the AAC is to the Big East. You don’t get to ignore UConn, Memphis, Tulane, ECU and USF - they count too!

I've talked about all of those teams in this thread.

Each is in a different stage in their new coach's term.

You're ignoring the fact that the AAC chose to elevate programs, as opposed to bringing in a school with consideration of 1 sport.

The floor of the AAC is 3 bids this year. Three highly capable teams.

It likely would have been 5 if UCF and SMU stayed healthy. Temple dropped the ball and could've been 6.

The NBE can easily get 5 this year. There is cannibalization there.

At this point, I couldn't care less about splitting those hairs. UConn is a big state flagship. It's not a Catholic school.

I follow my team and the teams in my conference.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I've talked about all of those teams in this thread.

Each is in a different stage in their new coach's term.

You're ignoring the fact that the AAC chose to elevate programs, as opposed to bringing in a school with consideration of 1 sport.

The floor of the AAC is 3 bids this year. Three highly capable teams.

It likely would have been 5 if UCF and SMU stayed healthy. Temple dropped the ball and could've been 6.

The NBE can easily get 5 this year. There is cannibalization there.

At this point, I couldn't care less about splitting those hairs. UConn is a big state flagship. It's not a Catholic school.

I follow my team and the teams in my conference.

Love the AAC all you want. Ignore reality and pretend it’s better than it. Convince yourself that Tulane and USF are an investments in building programs.

Just stop with trying to pretend that TODAY top to bottom the AAC is in the Big East’s league.

Reaction Score
Saw Tulane beat Houston at home, and really did beat them by playing/shooting well. Wondered how did UConn beat Tulane here in NOLA (was at that game also, UConn played a tight (meaning good) game and Tulane didn't play bad either). Then Tulane goes out and gets killed by several teams.
UConn shoots and plays well and opponent shots subpar then game on, anything else and UConn gets smacked. Houston has that kid with the funny bun on his head who can really penetrate, that doesn't bode well for UConn. Plus every game played down south (SMU, Houston, Tulsa and Tulane) sure seems like get our share of home cooking by the refs.

Reaction Score
Love the AAC all you want. Ignore reality and pretend it’s better than it. Convince yourself that Tulane and USF are an investments in building programs.

Just stop with trying to pretend that TODAY top to bottom the AAC is in the Big East’s league.

I do take pride in the gains the AAC is making.

I can't help but notice since UConn has to get ready for them.

NEVERTHELESS, with UConn struggling to increase the bid total (which is our job... and should be), I'm not going to begrudge the successes of the AAC. Cronin and Marshall are going to tear the house down this weekend, and I will be watching.

I'll take the AAC's coaches over the NBE's coaches any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I'm willing to let those gentlemen build and show their wares. I'm not too excited about Mullins, Ewing, etc.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I do take pride in the gains the AAC is making.

I can't help but notice since UConn has to get ready for them.

NEVERTHELESS, with UConn struggling to increase the bid total (which is our job... and should be), I'm not going to begrudge the successes of the AAC.

That's just obtuse.

I'll take the AAC's coaches over the NBE's coaches any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I'm willing to let those gentlemen build and show their wares. I'm not too excited about Mullins, Ewing, etc.

As soon as someone besides UConn has some success we’ll all be ready!

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Saw Tulane beat Houston at home, and really did beat them by playing/shooting well. Wondered how did UConn beat Tulane here in NOLA (was at that game also, UConn played a tight (meaning good) game and Tulane didn't play bad either). Then Tulane goes out and gets killed by several teams.
UConn shoots and plays well and opponent shots subpar then game on, anything else and UConn gets smacked. Houston has that kid with the funny bun on his head who can really penetrate, that doesn't bode well for UConn. Plus every game played down south (SMU, Houston, Tulsa and Tulane) sure seems like get our share of home cooking by the refs.
His name is Grey. You are right, it is funny.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom