OT: USA v. Peru | The Boneyard

OT: USA v. Peru

Reaction Score
Went to The Rent last night, it was really nice to see the place fired up for something for the first time in a while. That being said, our best U S A chants were quickly drowned out by those of the Peruvian fans. Announced attendance was mid 20k's I believe, I'd guess at least 15-20k of those representing Peru. It was really cool to see the passion they had for their culture and nation, that being said it was quite bittersweet to see the stark difference between the state of the rent last night vs the state of the rent for UConn football. Here's to turning this ship around in a couple of years....or....4.....or 10......or folding the football program....whatever the boneyard decides.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I watched the second half on tv. I thought it was a another sorry outing by USA soccer.

As for the fans, well - what can you say about USA soccer when Peru outdraws you 3 to 1 in Hartford CT?

Reaction Score
I think if Pulisic was playing last night that more USA fans would have shown up. Right now, he is the only USA player that makes a blip on most folks radar.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I watched the second half on tv. I thought it was a another sorry outing by USA soccer.

As for the fans, well - what can you say about USA soccer when Peru outdraws you 3 to 1 in Hartford CT?

...not going to say it. :)

Reaction Score
I think if Pulisic was playing last night that more USA fans would have shown up. Right now, he is the only USA player that makes a blip on most folks radar.
Agree, some of these guys like Sargent, Weah, and Amon I think will be bigger names in a couple of years, but these guys are so early in the next world cup cycle.

Reaction Score

Lots of young guys with energy. We have 2 years to develop a team. Some of these guys didn’t even have a CAP. No Adams No Pulisic. Hats off to a good effort by USMNT.

Goal scorer is 18 playing first team on a German team.

Reaction Score
Lots of young guys with energy. We have 2 years to develop a team. Some of these guys didn’t even have a CAP. No Adams No Pulisic. Hats off to a good effort by USMNT.

Recently promoted to their top league team at that

Reaction Score

Is Adams really that good though? His ball winning ability seems suspect. We need Weston McKennie to grow into a Jermaine Jones type player. We really miss that nastiness in the middle of the field.

Reaction Score
Is Adams really that good though? His ball winning ability seems suspect. We need Weston McKennie to grow into a Jermaine Jones type player. We really miss that nastiness in the middle of the field.
Besides Pulisic, no American player is proven to be good IMO, all we have to get by on is faith that this crop of guys has the potential to be better than the last. I try not to get my hopes up too much but we have a plethora of guys filtering into Euro clubs the last year or so, that has never happened before.

Reaction Score
Besides Pulisic, no American player is proven to be good IMO, all we have to get by on is faith that this crop of guys has the potential to be better than the last. I try not to get my hopes up too much but we have a plethora of guys filtering into Euro clubs the last year or so, that has never happened before.

It actually has. They just didn’t pan out. The difference with these players is that they are actually being promoted to the first team at these clubs instead of disappearing into the background.

Sargent, Weah and McKennie will be good.

Reaction Score
It actually has. They just didn’t pan out. The difference with these players is that they are actually being promoted to the first team at these clubs instead of disappearing into the background.

Sargent, Weah and McKennie will be good.
Agree, contributing at a first team level is what I was implying.

Reaction Score
In the very near future, we could see Sagrent in the middle flanked by Pulisci on the left and Weah on the right. Or some variation of that acknowledging we don't have a coach or a scheme at present. Regardless, there are some exciting possibiliies up front and a group of young players that could be dangerous and stay together long enough to build real chemistry.

Reaction Score
^ as long as MLS doesn't influence lineups, this should be the case moving forward

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
^ as long as MLS doesn't influence lineups, this should be the case moving forward
Of course they will. That's why Klinsmann was fired, he didn't listen to them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom