OT : USA soccer FIFA rankings ? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT : USA soccer FIFA rankings ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
I've never been confused with being a soccer expert, but Bradley's inability to keep possession of the ball in the midfield directly resulted in Jamaica's scoring opportunities (which were both set plays)

To me Bradley's ball control (or lack thereof) was easy to see, he wasn't the main problem yesterday, but he was definately part of the problem.

Reaction Score
So who is the best all around player in the US pool right now? Here's a hint, it's not Dempsey just because he scores goals
I think Guzan, Johnson, Johannson, Zardes, and Green are all better than Michael Bradley. Am a fan of Bradley, by the way.

Reaction Score
I think Guzan, Johnson, Johannson, Zardes, and Green are all better than Michael Bradley. Am a fan of Bradley, by the way.

I'll give you Guzan and Johnson, but disagree on Johannson and Zardes, and what the hell has Green ever done to get that kind of love? He barely gets any burn for his club at all.

Reaction Score
The Germany and Netherland wins carry no weight. As mentioned B squads and we caught them sleeping because they know who we are and took their foot off the pedal.

We need a generation style team like they have in Europe - growing up and playing together from youth academies.

There is just no excuse to not play lock down defense, its the foundation of everything. Master defense and pick your opportunities. Great example of this is Uruguay's win over England in 2014.

Reaction Score
The Germany and Netherland wins carry no weight. As mentioned B squads and we caught them sleeping because they know who we are and took their foot off the pedal.

We need a generation style team like they have in Europe - growing up and playing together from youth academies.

There is just no excuse to not play lock down defense, its the foundation of everything. Master defense and pick your opportunities. Great example of this is Uruguay's win over England in 2014.

That German 'B' squad featured Goetze, Schurrle, Ozil, Schweinsteiger, Khedira, and Podolski. It's not like they sent chumps.

Reaction Score
I'll give you Guzan and Johnson, but disagree on Johannson and Zardes, and what the hell has Green ever done to get that kind of love? He barely gets any burn for his club at all.
Probably should have clarified a bit. I gave those rankings by how good I think they'll be for the 2018 World Cup. Love Julian Green's future prospects for that reason, as well as Zardes. Johannson, he's still kind of iffy to me, but he looked good this Gold Cup; I think its fair to say he is at least on the level of Bradley currently and looking out 3 years from now. Guzan is pretty damn good, and I feel like Johnson is one of the more underrated players we have.

Reaction Score
That German 'B' squad featured Goetze, Schurrle, Ozil, Schweinsteiger, Khedira, and Podolski. It's not like they sent chumps.

They were also dragged away from vacation kicking and screaming to the game. All they wanted to do is get off the field and start drinking.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Brochacho said:

Guzman isn't even the best Keeper in the US pool. And he is far below the historic US players at that position. Friedel could probably still outplay him.

Fabian is my #2 player right now, but he plays out wide and doesn't have the impact on the game that MB does.

The rest are one dimensional players that are still developing their primary skill sets.

This question is about who sees the game and executes, not juggling and dribbling skills. MB is light years ahead of the rest. That's why he was named captain.

Reaction Score
Guzman isn't even the best Keeper in the US pool. And he is far below the historic US players at that position. Friedel could probably still outplay him.

Fabian is my #2 player right now, but he plays out wide and doesn't have the impact on the game that MB does.

The rest are one dimensional players that are still developing their primary skill sets.

This question is about who sees the game and executes, not juggling and dribbling skills. MB is light years ahead of the rest. That's why he was named captain.
Bradley shoulders a lot of the blame, and rightly so because he's "the QB" on the team. Also why he gets enough praise to stick around because when we win he plays well. To say he's the best player on the team is the overstatement of the century, but to say he's the worst is also not true.

I'm not a fan of his, because he always seems to play faster than he's capable, but I appreciate the fact that he's our best option in the center

Reaction Score
Bradley shoulders a lot of the blame, and rightly so because he's "the QB" on the team. Also why he gets enough praise to stick around because when we win he plays well. To say he's the best player on the team is the overstatement of the century, but to say he's the worst is also not true.

I'm not a fan of his, because he always seems to play faster than he's capable, but I appreciate the fact that he's our best option in the center
He is, and that's the scary part.

Bradley could be just fine in that role if he was paired with a more creative playmaker, but he needs to get back to what made him effective early on in his international career: keeping it simple and keeping the ball moving. He should rarely take more than three touches as a center midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom