OT: US News Rankings are out | The Boneyard

OT: US News Rankings are out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
25th among Universities playing D1 football (If I counted correctly)!

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
These rankings are like women's basketball to me. I really don't give a you know what, but I guess it's good for UConn.

Spare me the this what it's all about rant too.

Spare us part 2: the inevitable funny guy who points out Louisville's ranking and make the Louisville community college joke. Just make our fan base look bad

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Just a suggestion - this probably belongs on the CR board since things like academics are discussed more there.

But about the list: I'm surprised to see Kansas so low (#106). I guess I've always assumed they were a top academic "public ivy" type, hence that's why they're always thrown around in B1G rumors.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Louisville is academically equivalent to a community college. That isn't an opinion, it is a fact.

I am always surprised at how high Clemson is ranked. I feel the same way about BU. It is a good school, but #42? Really? The rest of them seem about right.

These rankings are HUGELY important, and will immediately go in all the marketing for any school in the Top 100. Unfortunately, they haven't matter at all in conference realignment.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Louisville is academically equivalent to a community college. That isn't an opinion, it is a fact.

My point being, this is a college football board. Pulling the academic card just makes us look bad. Who cares about academics as it relates to football and football conferences. The BIG has the AAU ( which is a dubious measure at most) and other than that, it doesn't matter at all.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
My point being, this is a college football board. Pulling the academic card just makes us look bad. Who cares about academics as it relates to football and football conferences. The BIG has the AAU ( which is a dubious measure at most) and other than that, it doesn't matter at all.

It's an OT thread about academics as it relates to UConn, so it does matter. And Louisville is the equivalent of a community college. Not a good one like Norwalk Community College, but a Kentucky community college.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It's an OT thread about academics as it relates to UConn, so it does matter. And Louisville is the equivalent of a community college. Not a good one like Norwalk Community College, but a Kentucky community college.

Do you feel better now?

Reaction Score
Their academics are going to get better now that they're in the gilded club.

Reaction Score
Pulling the academic card attracts the brightest & the best in recruiting: Some classic examples
Pat Haden-Rhodes Scholar-USC
Jim Plunkett-Stanford
Tony Maselli-USC
Andrew Luck-Stanford
Emeka Okafor-UCONN
All very bright people.
Fact: as seen in articles in the Hartford Courant-each year more high school valedictorians are choosing UConn in recognition that UConn offered a high quality education at a relatively inexpensive market price. a.k.a. more bang for the buck

Reaction Score
Pulling the academic card attracts the brightest & the best in recruiting: Some classic examples
Pat Haden-Rhodes Scholar-USC
Jim Plunkett-Stanford
Tony Maselli-USC
Andrew Luck-Stanford
Emeka Okafor-UCONN
All very bright people.
Fact: as seen in articles in the Hartford Courant-each year more high school valedictorians are choosing UConn in recognition that UConn offered a high quality education at a relatively inexpensive market price. a.k.a. more bang for the buck

This! Academics DO matter in relation to football. Look at Stanford. Being the highest ranked school in the AAC will help us when recruiting against our conference mates, especially when you think about the type of kid that Diaco and company are trying to attract. We want smart football players.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Funny week to mention Pat Haden and Rhodes Scholar.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'll console myself on Saturday with the thought that if a game of 'As Schools Match Wits' broke out we could club Boise like a baby seal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom