OT - US Men Soccer Team coming to the Rent | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - US Men Soccer Team coming to the Rent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Guzan plays in the Premiere League. Forgot which team but saw him Saturday.

Donovan won't play for the USMNT.

Stopped watching baseball altogether; less NFL for sure; no more NBA last 5 years. If you made me choose between the World Cup and Super Bowl - World Cup hands down.

So it's UCONN and Arsenal.

Reaction Score

Stopped watching baseball altogether; less NFL for sure; no more NBA last 5 years. If you made me choose between the World Cup and Super Bowl - World Cup hands down.

Aston Villa

Super Bowl is an embarassing snooze where people watch commercials.

This game ought be against Mexico since that is the most fitting opponent for a Landon Donovan send off. That or Germany.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
As much as I love to diss Landycakes, I expect the rest of squad to be A list. With pretty much all of the MLS regulars, Zusi, Besler, Dempsey, Bradley, and now Jones on the roster for this one.

Don't forget Beasley. I'll be wearing my 2006 Beasley kit. It could probably fit 2 Beasleys.

Reaction Score
Don't forget Beasley. I'll be wearing my 2006 Beasley kit. It could probably fit 2 Beasleys.

Yup. Hopefully that's what the roster will look like. There is no need for some sort of developmental roster.

Reaction Score
I just saw this news - good for you guys, wish we could get the USMNT in my neck of the woods more. You guys had a Gold Cup game didn't you, plus a send off game? USMNT must like Connecticut.

Reaction Score
I just saw this news - good for you guys, wish we could get the USMNT in my neck of the woods more. You guys had a Gold Cup game didn't you, plus a send off game? USMNT must like Connecticut.

It's the 2nd or 3rd biggest soccer market in the nation at least based on this summer's world cup numbers. Which was really surprising.

We also have 40,000 seat stadium with natural grass and near perfect sight lines for every seat. It's a natural "big game venue" for the USMNT.

Reaction Score
It's the 2nd or 3rd biggest soccer market in the nation at least based on this summer's world cup numbers. Which was really surprising.

We also have 40,000 seat stadium with natural grass and near perfect sight lines for every seat. It's a natural "big game venue" for the USMNT.
Plus it is absolutely flat. No crown in the field at all. 1st college game I ever saw was Clemson Vs Maryland in the 60's, the football field in college park was 15" higher down the center sloping to the sidelines for drainage. I don't know how they played on it.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I bought 2 tickets for a friend and I earlier this morning. Now, I'm thinking about buying a few more.

Reaction Score

Donovan evidently will play. My bad

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You guys had a Gold Cup game didn't you, plus a send off game? USMNT must like Connecticut.

We had the send-off game the last two cycles, not this year. Both times the team spent the following day at ESPN. I was hoping it was a tradition.

Reaction Score

Plus it is easily driveable from both the NYC and Boston metro region. I'd argue Philly/Baltimore/DC/Pittsburgh too for the diehards. Plus it is only 20 minutes for the ESPN folks.

Great place to watch a soccer game. Been to at least 5 there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom