OT upstater and other higher ed types on here | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT upstater and other higher ed types on here

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Maybe CUNY-Hunter College? Might be hard to get into, I actually am not sure.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Last edited:

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
@upstater
can you give me the DL on Pace University from an academics perspective? Much obliged
The accounting program while not exceptionally rated s very good. I've come across many Pace grads over the years and that program is a CPA factory. Outside of that the school is adequate but very costly.

Reaction Score
I don't know much about Pace--but I do know NYU actually has a General Studies program that is not difficult to get into, and it allows students to eventually enter a major in the university after 1 year or so. If I were paying that kind of money, I would certainly think I'd rather be in NYU GS instead of Pace. Does she like any other cities? Boston? Philly? Chicago? There's also the New School of Social Research.

Reaction Score
We looked at temple but the attack on the students last weekend by the flash mob has scared the out of me and her. Temple talks a good game about campus security but that neighborhood is tough to overcome I've been pushing been pushing Boston but whenever a teen senses a push they recoil so I'm slow playing Boston NYC is the big draw right now since it's so different form our town which has two traffic lights

Reaction Score
Limited experience previously hiring and managing Pace grads (~15), but it's certainly expensive for what's viewed at best as an average school, based on the alumni I interacted with over time, and unclear liberal arts' interests. My opinion was/is based on a small sample size, but they typically had pretty good GPAs (3.2+). Additionally, a Pace alumna HR gatekeeper's heavy political pressure to consider some Pace candidates may have skewed my perspective.

Good luck to Ms Skiblets and her dad. Maybe the linked site provides some helpful comparative insights, e.g., CUNY Baruch's $13K out of state tuition:
http://colleges.startclass.com/comp...-M-Baruch-College-vs-Pace-University-New-York

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom