(OT) UConn Slate Coasters | Page 2 | The Boneyard

(OT) UConn Slate Coasters

Reaction Score
Apologies if this isn't allowed. My dad purchased a laser engraver and has been messing around with making slate coasters and made a set with the different UConn logos. He's been in touch with the University about licensing fees.

Wanted to post here to see if it would be something people were interested in at $35 for the set (with $5 going to the Boneyard's NIL fund)? He's basically looking to see if there's enough interest to justify paying the $350 licensing fee.
IMG-20230404-WA0013.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
My son and his wife got me these for Christmas. Set of 4, each with an iconic UConn play drawn on them. Kemba’s shot against Pitt, a play against Kentucky in the 2014 National Championship game (says 2:11 left on clock), 1999 championship Khalid’s free throws (I think), and Okafor’s put back in the 2004 semi final against Duke.

Not sure where they got them but somewhere online.

View attachment 86865
I posted this in another thread. I got these as a gift.

1681168872724.jpeg

I would add to the set.

Reaction Score
I've got those too... I can't remember the last time I used a coaster but they're a cool decorative piece
Enjoying the single life, huh?

Not using a coaster is a deadly sin in my household. We can’t ruin our $50 coffee table we got off Facebook marketplace…Especially considering my wife does furniture restoration for fun in her free time

Reaction Score
Enjoying the single life, huh?

Not using a coaster is a deadly sin in my household. We can’t ruin our $50 coffee table we got off Facebook marketplace…Especially considering my wife does furniture restoration for fun in her free time
I have a single Chinese ceramic decorative coaster a Chinese supplier gave me on a visit years ago. It's doing a great job protecting my Facebook Marketplace coffee table. :)

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Apologies if this isn't allowed. My dad purchased a laser engraver and has been messing around with making slate coasters and made a set with the different UConn logos. He's been in touch with the University about licensing fees.

Wanted to post here to see if it would be something people were interested in at $35 for the set (with $5 going to the Boneyard's NIL fund)? He's basically looking to see if there's enough interest to justify paying the $350 licensing fee. View attachment 86861
If he gets licensed, I’d love to chat with him about how he made it happen. I tried earlier this year to go through the process for shirts and was told they weren’t looking for new apparel partners at the time… if he gets a license for non-apparel TM use, I might explore that route, as I could potentially turn my shirt designs into stickers. Not ideal but gets my designs out there…

Reaction Score
If he gets licensed, I’d love to chat with him about how he made it happen. I tried earlier this year to go through the process for shirts and was told they weren’t looking for new apparel partners at the time… if he gets a license for non-apparel TM use, I might explore that route, as I could potentially turn my shirt designs into stickers. Not ideal but gets my designs out there…

He did get the license approved, it's what's called a "community license" which caps revenue at $2500. They just asked what his ties were to the state and university, as part of the application process.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
He did get the license approved, it's what's called a "community license" which caps revenue at $2500. They just asked what his ties were to the state and university, as part of the application process.
Right on!

Reaction Score
Why is the '59 logo inverted?
Kemba Slice, I am your father.

Seriously though, I appreciate everyone‘s interest in these coasters. As an update, the license fee is going out in the mail tomorrow, and once that is processed the University will send me the vector files so that I am able to make a higher quality version of these coasters.

The ‘59 logo was inverted for the initial set just to minimize laser time for a proof of concept set. The final set will have the main body solid white as originally intended.

As Kemba Slice said above the Championship logos are licensed by the NCAA so I am unable to produce coasters with them.

If anyone has ideas on other things you’d like to see, please let me know and I’ll see what can be done.

Once I receive the artwork, I will post again with details on how to order.

Reaction Score
So this is a prototype of a box for storing the coasters. The final design is a little shorter so that there isn’t so much dead space above the coasters.

CEC4F20F-5125-49E9-BE28-86942FEE93CB.jpeg

As I have to pay royalties on every sale, pricing will be as follows:

$45 for a set of 4 coasters, $60 if you want the box included.

$5 from each sale will be donated to Bleeding Blue For Good.

If you are interested in making a purchase, please shoot me a PM with your email address and I will send an invoice. Please include in your email whether you want the 4 separate logos, all one design, etc.

Thanks, and I appreciate your interest

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
So this is a prototype of a box for storing the coasters. The final design is a little shorter so that there isn’t so much dead space above the coasters.

View attachment 87913

As I have to pay royalties on every sale, pricing will be as follows:

$45 for a set of 4 coasters, $60 if you want the box included.

$5 from each sale will be donated to Bleeding Blue For Good.

If you are interested in making a purchase, please shoot me a PM with your email address and I will send an invoice. Please include in your email whether you want the 4 separate logos, all one design, etc.

Thanks, and I appreciate your interest
PM Sent. Thanks!

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
He's basically looking to see if there's enough interest to justify paying the $350 licensing fee.
The coasters are pretty sweet.
What do you get for the $350 fee? Can you make whatever you want and as much as you want? $350 sounds inexpensive. Who did he talk to? I have my own ideas, but hadn't yet put the rubber to the road to look into it.
Edit, now I see the $2500 cap. That probably still works for me.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Same here McLovin.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom