OT uconn in nyc | The Boneyard

OT uconn in nyc

Reaction Score
I'm in NYC for the week. Everytime I go by a Cuse or St.John fan I let out a "UConn HUSKIES" chant.
Also why do people wear UConn hoodies/sweatshirts if they cant let out a "UConn" chant when seeing another fan. We are in UConn's 2nd home. Seen more UConn apparel then Cuse and St. Johns combined.

Reaction Score
I'm in NYC for the week. Everytime I go by a Cuse or St.John fan I let out a "UConn HUSKIES" chant.
Also why do people wear UConn hoodies/sweatshirts if they cant let out a "UConn" chant when seeing another fan. We are in UConn's 2nd home. Seen more UConn apparel then Cuse and St. Johns combined.

Because some of us are adults who are living our lives and not going to just start chanting UConn in the middle of the street. There's a time and a place, and the time is almost never "whenever you feel like it."

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I saw a guy wearing a UConn sweatshirt in the Cardiff, Wales airport last summer. It was like 5:30 a.m. and I bellowed "Go Huskies!," which boomed across the terminal (to the horror of my wife and daughters). The guy looked at me like I was a serial killer and hurried through security. I saw him again once we were in the waiting area and he seemed to be avoiding me like the plague. I finally sat near him and asked him if he went to UConn or was just a fan. Neither, as it turns out--he apparently just found the sweatshirt at a thrift store. Go figure.

Reaction Score
I say hi to someone on occasion if I see them wearing apparel in the city and it's an approachable sort of occasion but otherwise I generally keep to myself

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I say hi to someone on occasion if I see them wearing apparel in the city and it's an approachable sort of occasion but otherwise I generally keep to myself

I was using my UConn umbrella last Friday near Bryant Park and someone did the "UUUUConnnn" so I had to reply "Huuuuskiiieees".

I'll usually do the same if the person is just walking by themselves.

Now, if a Cuse fan, yelled Let's Go Orange in my face, I'd probably look pretty bewildered too, Lol.

Reaction Score

Yeah I usually will say "Go Huskies" or something in a moderate volume, but trying to start a full "Uuuuuu-Connnn Hus-kiiiiieeessss" chant feels like a little much.

Reaction Score
This practice seems a bit wierd.....good luck...

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Also why do people wear UConn hoodies/sweatshirts if they cant let out a "UConn" chant when seeing another fan.

This is the kind of dedication we need. Don't listen to these fools. Go hard, or go home.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Yeah I usually will say "Go Huskies" or something in a moderate volume, but trying to start a full "Uuuuuu-Connnn Hus-kiiiiieeessss" chant feels like a little much.
agreed
The full chant is only effective in the halls of MSG after a victory vs the Cuse, Puke or Kensucky

Reaction Score
When I see someone in NYC eating candy I go up to them and say "Mongo like candy" and I get the same response as the OP. Go figure.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom