OT: UConn Field Hockey - they did it again | The Boneyard

OT: UConn Field Hockey - they did it again

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We have 23 championships now?

It's 23 but only 22 of them are NCAA. People forget about the 1948 Men's Soccer Team
1948Soccer.jpg

The 1948 UConn men's soccer team, under head coach John Squires, posted a perfect 11-0 record and was named the national champion by the National Soccer Coaches Association of America.

Linky

Last edited:

CL82

Reaction Score
Bad day for Maryland:

It was worse than that 25 point differential appears. The score could have been whatever Geno wanted it to be. He was deep into bench by halfway throughby the third quarter and played mostly freshmen and sophomores in the 4th.

Last edited:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
It was worse than that 25 point differential appears. The score could have been whatever Geno wanted it to be. He was deep into bench by halfway through the subs by the third quarter and played mostly freshmen and sophomores in the 4th.
Yes, Geno had his freshmen in for most of the fourth quarter while Maryland left the starters in for the entire game. Maryland scored 30 points in the fourth quarter against the young guys. BTW, Maryland is ranked #15.

Anywho, UConn owns 10 national championships in polo, too.
Home | UConn Polo Club

Reaction Score
Yes, Geno had his freshmen in for most of the fourth quarter while Maryland left the starters in for the entire game. Maryland scored 30 points in the fourth quarter against the young guys. BTW, Maryland is ranked #15.

Home | UConn Polo Club
I can see our endowment growing by the leaps and bounds now.

CL82

Reaction Score

Home | UConn Polo Club
I didn't know this! Nan, any idea why it is not on the schools championship "traditions" page? I guess because it is a 'club' sport?

Reaction Score
I didn't know this! Nan, any idea why it is not on the schools championship "traditions" page? I guess because it is a 'club' sport?

Club sport...

Reaction Score

Home | UConn Polo Club
Liked what I saw from Meghan Walker today.

CL82

Reaction Score
Liked what I saw from Meghan Walker today.
She's talented, obviously since was HS player of the year, but she looked a little overwhelmed until today. She looked more comfortable in the 4th. It was good to see.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
It's 23 but only 22 of them are NCAA. People forget about the 1948 Men's Soccer Team
1948Soccer.jpg

The 1948 UConn men's soccer team, under head coach John Squires, posted a perfect 11-0 record and was named the national champion by the National Soccer Coaches Association of America.

Linky

The trailblazers! And it took another 33 years for men's soccer to win another one.

We have more combined NCAA basketball titles than any other school in the country, I believe from any of the three NCAA divisions. Until UCLA or some other school catches up with us, Storrs will remain the Capital of College Basketball.

Reaction Score
Re-focusing on the subject:

"The No. 1 University of Connecticut field hockey team won its third national title in five years, defeating Maryland, 2-1, in the 2017 NCAA National Championship game on Sunday afternoon. The Huskies conclude their historic campaign as the only Connecticut field hockey team to go undefeated with a 23-0 record, and just the sixth team in the history of the sport to boast the accomplishment (NCAA)."

Congratulations to the Huskies' players, their parents, coaches, managers, athletic department, and UConn!

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Re-focusing on the subject:

"The No. 1 University of Connecticut field hockey team won its third national title in five years, defeating Maryland, 2-1, in the 2017 NCAA National Championship game on Sunday afternoon. The Huskies conclude their historic campaign as the only Connecticut field hockey team to go undefeated with a 23-0 record, and just the sixth team in the history of the sport to boast the accomplishment (NCAA)."

Congratulations to the Huskies' players, their parents, coaches, managers, athletic department, and UConn!

And congratulations to the many fans who made the trip to support the team. They made a lot of noise during the games. You could definitely hear the UConn cheers from the crowd, very distinctly and very often!

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom