OT: UCF | The Boneyard

OT: UCF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
bar called "The Basement" giving away free beer until the UCF football team wins a game. Apparently , not many are going to the bar to watch games at this time.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
bar called "The Basement" giving away free beer until the UCF football team wins a game. Apparently , not many are going to the bar to watch games at this time.
Just during the games? I land in Orlando on Wed afternoon soooo I have some time to kill.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Back in good ole Storrs you can still get $8 small pitchers at Huskies from 915-945 one night a week!

what a joke our drink specials are

Reaction Score
Drew said:
Back in good ole Storrs you can still get $8 small pitchers at Huskies from 915-945 one night a week!

Are you not familiar with nickel night?

Reaction Score
I am very familiar with what is essentially the only drink special in Storrs.
When I was on campus Thirsty Dog had 50 cent pitchers and Ted's had dollar drafts, plus a rotating specials calender on the wall as well.

I guess times have changed.

Reaction Score
When I was on campus Thirsty Dog had 50 cent pitchers and Ted's had dollar drafts, plus a rotating specials calender on the wall as well.

I guess times have changed.

CT Liquor laws have changed - all but eliminating the specials we all grew up with... Keg House in New Haven used to have CY Young Night were Pitchers of well mixed drinks were like $4.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
When I was on campus, I had a strategy to drink for free I could employ 1-2 times a month:
  • Use my $100 paycheck to buy as many 40 oz of malt liquor as I could afford, usually ~50ish or so.
  • Create a Facebook event for a party at my buddy's Carriage apartment, invite as many people as possible.
  • Charge $5 at the door for unlimited access to the 40 fridge.
Most people were only good for one 40. If someone went for #2, I made sure to remind them to do their vomitting out in the backyard. No one ever made it to 3. I'd always make my money back, plus a little bit extra. And free 40s! I now shudder at the thought of drinking 2 Steele Reserves in one night, oh what a magical time college was.

Reaction Score
When I was on campus, I had a strategy to drink for free I could employ 1-2 times a month:
  • Use my $100 paycheck to buy as many 40 oz of malt liquor as I could afford, usually ~50ish or so.
  • Create a Facebook event for a party at my buddy's Carriage apartment, invite as many people as possible.
Most people were only good for one 40. If someone went for #2, I made sure to remind them to do their vomitting out in the backyard. No one ever made it to 3. I'd always make my money back, plus a little bit extra. And free 40s! I now shudder at the thought of drinking 2 Steele Reserves in one night, oh what a magical time college was.

Sir, I'd like to invest in your company.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score

My wife and I went to TEDs after the Navy game. The crowd was great (particularly since we're in our mid-40s) and the drink prices were amazing. I bought 18 shots, 4 pitchers of something called "blue beaver", and a few pitchers of beer for less than $40.

Reaction Score
I'm onto grander schemes these days, we can talk but I may need a confidentiality agreement.

I haven't been involved in a good scheme in years...I'm interested.

Reaction Score

this is awesome.. Well done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog