OT: Tyson Gay | The Boneyard

OT: Tyson Gay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Gay just failed a test and pulled out of the World Championships. And the beat goes on.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
It's interesting.. when you read the story he's all "I'm taking responsibility" and then, that's followed with "I trusted someone." Can't wait to hear the backstory.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Asafa Powell just got tagged, too. He tested positive to the same stimulant as Sherone Simpson.

"My team has launched an internal investigation and we are cooperating with the relevant agencies and law enforcement authorities to discover how the substance got in my system. I assure you that we will find out how this substance passed our rigorous internal checks and balances and design systems to make sure it never happens again."

Reaction Score
I ran track in High School and so became a fan of track and field forever after. To me it is the
heart and soul of the olympics which, along with the world championships, I always look forward to.

But ever since that blood doping incident with the Norwegian distance runner many years ago, the
increasing use of PEDs and other forms of cheating has dampened my enthusiasm for the sport.
Of course this problem is not unique to track and field.

I used to get wrapped up in the Tour de France every year. This year I haven't watched a single
stage.

Too bad.

Reaction Score
It's all very surprising, most of all apparently to the athletes. It reminds me of me explaining how I ate the last of the chocolate to my girl, and i quote verbatim :
"My team has launched an internal investigation and we are cooperating with the relevant agencies and law enforcement authorities to discover how the substance got in my system. I assure you that we will find out how this substance passed our rigorous internal checks and balances and design systems to make sure it never happens again."

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I think probably the devil made him do it.

I'm with Ed, I have lost a lot of interest in Olympic and pro sports because of all the cheaters.

Reaction Score
I'm shocked that PED's have been used in sport for at least 50 years. Shocked!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I'm invoking the Lance Armstrong rule. Usain Bolt by consistently whooping known dopers is himself a doper.

We will now spend years debating this obvious fact.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I used to get wrapped up in the Tour de France every year. This year I haven't watched a single
stage.

Too bad.
That is too bad. It's been a pretty exciting and interesting Tour. Some strange things in the first couple of weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom