OT: Tyler Olander life after UConn | The Boneyard

OT: Tyler Olander life after UConn

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
There is so much more to sports than sports. Helps build character and zeal that lasts for a lifetime in everything you do. This is a great story. Very inspirational. Best wishes Tyler in everything you do in life. Thanks Mr. Borges for the article. It's a story that needs to be told.

Reaction Score
Well I know who I’m rooting to be the next UConn assistant coach hired if we lose one of our current very talented assistants. Tyler has a bright future in coaching if he wants it, but also seems very satisfied with his current life and the way he’s shaping lives. What a tremendous person.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
LOL Borges

Tyler Olander has done a little of everything in the sports world.

Famously, he's won more national championships than Jim Boeheim.
If you click the link in the Borgeous article it takes you to a Russ Steinberg post on everyone in Connecticut who's won more national championships than Boeheim. Russ is/was a regular here so I don't mind him lifting a Boneyard meme.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Seems like a great guy. Having gone through something similar with my wife who was much older than Grace, his support was so important and his loss is immense. And his teaching kids financial literacy is terrific, something I have experience with with older foster kids. Hopefully his personal life will bring him lots of good times. Glad his story was told.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Great read and great for him!

Also love that he teaches financial literacy to kids. Something that should be taught in school and at home from a very young age IMO.
It used to be. I agree that it is a core life skill.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Great read and great for him!

Also love that he teaches financial literacy to kids. Something that should be taught in school and at home from a very young age IMO.
Too many parents don’t have the tools to do so…

Reaction Score
Opened up with no paywall for me. Anyone else have an issue opening up the article?
none
No issue for me either. Good read.

Sad that someone so young had to lose her life and Tyler had to go through it as well. Much success to Tyler.
You guys must be special. It lets me read for 3 seconds then a box comes up offering a special subscription for 25 cents. I guess they figure I can't afford a regular subscription.........

Dee Rowe gave me a tour of the Werth Center 3 or 4 years ago and we bumped into Tyler in the weight room.

Such a nice kid. Very humble and easy speak with. I asked what he was doing at the time and he talked about his training to be a pitcher. I wished him well and told him he was famous due to his two rings and he laughed (politely, as he'd surely heard it before).

Reaction Score
You guys must be special. It lets me read for 3 seconds then a box comes up offering a special subscription for 25 cents. I guess they figure I can't afford a regular subscription.........
When the box comes up can't you just click on the "X" in the upper right corner and close it? Then it disappears and you can read the article.

Reaction Score
Tyler was good friends with my daughter at UConn. She always spoke VERY highly of him. My wife died from breast cancer and I commend Tyler for staying with his girlfriend to the end, it’s a difficult path. Unfortunately, I‘ve seen significant others head for the exits.

Reaction Score
I find it interesting that Tyler was coached by Andy Baylock while pursing a baseball career. Obviously he learned much more than baseball skills from Andy. And now Tyler is paying it forward.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom