OT: True Blood | The Boneyard

OT: True Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I needed something to hold me over until the last Dexter season comes out on DVD, so I decided I'd give True Blood a shot. I actually have enjoyed what I've seen so far of the first season, and I couldn't believe it when that character Amy was asked where she was from she said, "Originally? Storrs, Connecticut." It was pretty clear that the writers have no idea what Storrs is like though because she said she went to Wellesley and that he parents were snooty.

Anyway, I was just surprised I hadn't seen anyone make a mention that they mentioned Storrs in that show. Maybe someone on the show is a Uconn fan.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It's a great show. Season 1 was great. Season 2 was awful - they introduced a monster plot line that was just boring and stupid. But then season 3 got great again as they started introducing werewolves and shifters and other types of characters. I don't have HBO so i'm on Season 5 from Netflix and it's great stuff.

Reaction Score
A great show? It is campy horribleness, which I quite enjoy but is SOOOOOO far from great. If you want a great show with vampires watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer or if you like True Blood for the T&A, rewatch Rome or something for skinamax for that.

Reaction Score
True blood is fine, far from great and really has 0 intellect in its writing. But if you can keep up and not be turned off by all the ridiculousness it's enjoyable. I quit after season 4, it was too absurd and suki is one of my least favorite characters on TV.

U

UCONNfan1

True Blood is a riot. My wife and I watch it and enjoy the hell out of it. Very few shows on TV are truly "great", but it certainly is great fun...

Reaction Score
The books are actually quite cute and entertaining. The series started off very strong, but as the years have gone on have, in my view, become just silly. Doesn't mean I don't still watch, but it is at this point not near the quality of other HBO series.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I still watch it. I watch it when my wife falls asleep, because she refuses to watch it anymore.

It's always been campy fun, but the first couple seasons were actually pretty good TV. But businesslawyer is right, it's really gotten ridiculous. I mean, I don't think there's a single human being without super powers living in the state of Louisiana.

But if I need something to watch after my wife konks out, it does the trick.

Pro tip: the season with Mary Anne is awful. I'd use the fast forward liberally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom