OT- Travis Jankowski- San Diego Padres | The Boneyard

OT- Travis Jankowski- San Diego Padres

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Watching the Sox/Padres game and Dave O'Brien just said the Padres CF, Travis Jankowski, was once a well regarded wide receiver out of Pennsylvania recruited by "UConn among others." He turned us down to go to Stony Brook to play baseball. Good decision I guess since he's now in the majors. Anyone remember this kid? Or our recruitment of him? Did we miss out on a good player? Supposedly he can absolutely fly. Stole 71 bases in A ball a couple years back. Might have been a nice player to stretch the field.

Reaction Score
Watching the Sox/Padres game and Dave O'Brien just said the Padres CF, Travis Jankowski, was once a well regarded wide receiver out of Pennsylvania recruited by "UConn among others." He turned us down to go to Stony Brook to play baseball. Good decision I guess since he's now in the majors. Anyone remember this kid? Or our recruitment of him? Did we miss out on a good player? Supposedly he can absolutely fly. Stole 71 bases in A ball a couple years back. Might have been a nice player to stretch the field.

He graduated Lancaster PA High School in 2009. All State 1st team @ WR for Class AA. I can't seem to find him in Scout or Rivals database.

He did lead Seawolves to CWS in his senior year.

Last edited:

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
He graduated Lancaster PA High School in 2009. All State 1st team @ WR for Class AA. I can't seem to find him in Scout or Rivals database.

I found an article last night saying he was "about to attend UConn as a wide receiver" before Stony Brook offered him for baseball. Sounds like he may have committed then decided against us.

Reaction Score

There's the answer to a lot of things right there: NOT in the Scout or Rivals database.

I think that kids in the Northeast, even in PA, aren't often evaluated. Which begats ... you only have 2 starts. You only rank number 90 out of 125. etc etc

The only obvious oddity is the NJ kids have lots of combines and lots of schedules that these few rating services catch. There are huge gaps in the knowledge of what kids should be rising (particularly in a CT or MA or upstate NY) and we often have no idea who is on the radar of UConn coaching staffs.

Reaction Score
There's the answer to a lot of things right there: NOT in the Scout or Rivals database.

I think that kids in the Northeast, even in PA, aren't often evaluated. Which begats ... you only have 2 starts. You only rank number 90 out of 125. etc etc

The only obvious oddity is the NJ kids have lots of combines and lots of schedules that these few rating services catch. There are huge gaps in the knowledge of what kids should be rising (particularly in a CT or MA or upstate NY) and we often have no idea who is on the radar of UConn coaching staffs.

This is a kid that played three varsity sports (baseball, football and basketball). Part of the problem as you point out w/ football combines/recruiting circuit is they directly conflict w/ Summer/Legion/AAU Travel baseball for a kid who excels in both. He was under the radar of college recruiting for baseball as well as Stony Brook was his only baseball offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom