OT: Totalled Car | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Totalled Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Florida drivers are the worst in the nation, maybe the world.

Reaction Score
Hey Chin. Not sure of the rules in FL, but in CT they take the average of the Blue and Red books. You can haggle, but it is absolutely not worth going to court over. If you feel that you have been treated relatively fairly, which is all you can hope for, just take the money and move on. Nothing is more frustrating that property damage claims. . . .

Reaction Score
On a somewhat related note - I've coached high school tennis for 25 years. I cannot think of a year in which at least one of my players has not been in an accident. Most are fender benders. Some are far more serious. One died.

The stats for kids causing an accident in the first year or so of getting their license is frightening.
I have 2 children 2 years apart and bought them an ugly car to share. This ugly car was involved in 5 accidents between them and by the time it was junked it looked like a vehicle you might see on the streets of Kabol. As I recall most of the accidents were their fault. I was rear ended by another teen who had her license for 3 days ended up hitting a pole and a 6 month old car was totaled. The good news is nobody was ever injured in any of these accidents.
Today my grandaughter is a college junior (only 1 minor fender bender) and I love listening to my daughter bitch about her high auto insurance premiums. There is justice if you wait long enough. Grandchildren provide a wonderful way to get even with your kids.

Reaction Score
No way. Try driving in the Middle East.

Uh, no, I want to live, not be a potential hostage. I had the pleasure of riding in taxi's in Armenia, as close to the middle east as I'll go. That was an experience.

Reaction Score
Uh, no, I want to live, not be a potential hostage. I had the pleasure of riding in taxi's in Armenia, as close to the middle east as I'll go. That was an experience.

Lanes are optional. Turn signals mean nothing. They don't use theirs because they are afraid they might wear the bulbs out.

When I lived in Saudi it wasn't uncommon to see the authorities scraping someone off the road. Their kids don't wear seatbelts and sit of the dashboards.

I had a friend who was trauma surgeon there, he told me that you didn't see trauma like you see in SA in the developed world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom