OT- Toronto | The Boneyard

OT- Toronto

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
anyone can have suggestions on restaurants/bars in downtown Toronto? Headed there for work for the week.

Reaction Score
194 Queen St W, Toronto, ON M5V 1Z1, Canada
Rex hotel and jazz.

Drew

Reaction Score
194 Queen St W, Toronto, ON M5V 1Z1, Canada
Rex hotel and jazz.
This is about a mile from my hotel (staying at the Intercontinental). Looks like an interesting place. Thanks for the heads up

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
There's always Tim Hortons

Reaction Score
This is about a mile from my hotel (staying at the Intercontinental). Looks like an interesting place. Thanks for the heads up

Which Intercontinental?

One is on the Quay, one is in the ritzy section.

If you like beer, my favorite place is the Village Idiot. 126 McCaul St, Toronto, ON M5T 1W2, Canada

Lots of bars on .

Chinese up and down Spadina between Queen and north.

We always end up at any of the Chinese restaurants there, or sometimes we have Greek at Mamakas, which is really good.

Higher end there is Momofuku closer to the Quay/Entertainment district Intercontinental.

I'd recommend seeing the Hockey Hall of Fame.

For quick good food for lunch, try the Market at Brookfield Place (Marche).

I'm assuming you're going to be at the Quayside one for some reason, but if you're up town in the ritzy section, it's more of a tourist trap.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I don’t know enough specific places to suggest, I just know that I can go to Toronto any time and enjoy it. I love that city.

Go to the Jordan store on Yonge if you care about that type of thing.

Drew

Reaction Score
Which Intercontinental?

One is on the Quay, one is in the ritzy section.

If you like beer, my favorite place is the Village Idiot. 126 McCaul St, Toronto, ON M5T 1W2, Canada

Lots of bars on .

Chinese up and down Spadina between Queen and north.

We always end up at any of the Chinese restaurants there, or sometimes we have Greek at Mamakas, which is really good.

Higher end there is Momofuku closer to the Quay/Entertainment district Intercontinental.

I'd recommend seeing the Hockey Hall of Fame.

For quick good food for lunch, try the Market at Brookfield Place (Marche).

I'm assuming you're going to be at the Quayside one for some reason, but if you're up town in the ritzy section, it's more of a tourist trap.
This is phenomenal- greatly appreciate this. I’m staying at the Intercontinental off Front Street. Will definitely need to check out Queen St and Village Idiot.. I’m a big beer guy so that sounds right up my alley.

Reaction Score
This is phenomenal- greatly appreciate this. I’m staying at the Intercontinental off Front Street. Will definitely need to check out Queen St and Village Idiot.. I’m a big beer guy so that sounds right up my alley.

You're in a good area of town. You can get anywhere from there. Try King Street too.

Reaction Score
You're in a good area of town. You can get anywhere from there. Try King Street too.

I just realized: there's a new big beer hall right across the street from the Intercontinental, called the Loose Moose. Tons of beers. I wasn't a huge fan because the place was cavernous and incredibly loud. Preferred the Idiot.

Also avoid the Bang Sue bar. It was great when it opened, but now it's worn out.

Just kidding--Bang Sue probably has better beers than all the other joints put together.

Reaction Score
Not sure if it is still there but Donatello's was quite good.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Granite Brewery was great when I was there for work around 20 years ago. No idea how well it's kept up, but it was well ahead of the curve then. I believe it was the first time I had a dry-hopped real ale, as I remember the brew master bringing me in the back and showing me the hops in the keg. Much nicer inside than expected; like a private library or study with a few different rooms. Solid food, too.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I recall having a great evening at the Brass Rail back when UConn FB played the International Bowl.

Reaction Score
It's a minor league Chicago but fun can be had. Little travel needed by cab. If you are on expense account you are good.

Plenty beer centric. All above suggestions good.

Vancouver baby!

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Check Amazon Prime and I think CNNGo have Anthony Bourdain's show where he went to Toronto. Might be worth watching.

EDIT: It's also on youtube.

Drew

Reaction Score
Check Amazon Prime and I think CNNGo have Anthony Bourdain's show where he went to Toronto. Might be worth watching.

EDIT: It's also on youtube.

thanks this is great

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom