OT - Toronto Canada? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - Toronto Canada?

Reaction Score
I went to Toronto and Montreal many years ago to see ballparks SKYDOME and THE EXPO respectively. Toronto struck me as more modern, while Montreal was divided into the old city and the new city! Montreal had some great architecture, for example the oldest church in North America! What a wonderful place to see! The old Montreal is in side the new Montreal mixed! There was a Mall underground in Montreal that was really neat!
I was told previous to the trip the French Canadians didn't like American's, thought us rude, but I had an English/French/French/English Dictionary and tried to speak French and the locals couldn't have been nicer!
I had a great trip but SKYDOME was a heck of a lot nicer that THE EXPO! I was in Montreal 1 week after part of the Dome roof collapsed, luckily the Expos were on a road trip. The Expo was in really poor condition even back then, no wonder the Expos moved and became the Washington Nationals!
The one thing that really stood out to me was the patriotic pride, when they played the Canadian Anthem, Oh Canada, pregame it seemed like every Canadian there was singing it as loud as they could! In the USA, some people keep their hats on, or walk around to concession stands, or do anything than listen or sing along when our National Anthem is played! Really p-ss-- me off! A number of American's have no respect for our country or it's heritage!

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Hesitant to revive a thread that's run it's course, but after posting a recommendation about Quebec City as a vacation spot, we decided it was past time for another visit.

This time we'll take our grand kids and try to introduce them to a bit of their heritage. We'll treat them to a few nights at the Frontenac, a visit to all the historical sights, including an ancestors 17th century home, and a boat trip to Montmorency Falls.

For myself, I intend to wrap myself around a tourtiere and peg my cholesterol meter with a big plate of poutine!

Reaction Score
I went to Toronto and Montreal many years ago to see ballparks SKYDOME and THE EXPO respectively. Toronto struck me as more modern, while Montreal was divided into the old city and the new city! Montreal had some great architecture, for example the oldest church in North America! What a wonderful place to see! The old Montreal is in side the new Montreal mixed! There was a Mall underground in Montreal that was really neat!
I was told previous to the trip the French Canadians didn't like American's, thought us rude, but I had an English/French/French/English Dictionary and tried to speak French and the locals couldn't have been nicer!
I had a great trip but SKYDOME was a heck of a lot nicer that THE EXPO! I was in Montreal 1 week after part of the Dome roof collapsed, luckily the Expos were on a road trip. The Expo was in really poor condition even back then, no wonder the Expos moved and became the Washington Nationals!
The one thing that really stood out to me was the patriotic pride, when they played the Canadian Anthem, Oh Canada, pregame it seemed like every Canadian there was singing it as loud as they could! InI the USA, some people keep their hats on, or walk around to concession stands, or do anything than listen or sing along when our National Anthem is played! Really p-ss-- me off! A number of American's have no respect for our country or it's heritage!

For the most part Canadian are friendly people. Traveling back and forth from US/Canada some people in Canada react to the value of their coin to Americans. Not always positively.
I have vacationed in Canada, without relatives running interference for me, and it was enjoyable.
Toronto when I was there it was a very clean city and I had no people to people issues.
I agree with your National Anthem singing--the way the Canadian dig in and sing O'Canada with gusto makes me want to sing with them. The Star Spangled Banner is a tough song to sing for some, but I get goose bumps every time I hear it. I'm just a weak sister American lover.

Reaction Score
I think the church is the oldest north of the Spanish Settlements.
Hesitant to revive a thread that's run it's course, but after posting a recommendation about Quebec City as a vacation spot, we decided it was past time for another visit.

This time we'll take our grand kids and try to introduce them to a bit of their heritage. We'll treat them to a few nights at the Frontenac, a visit to all the historical sights, including an ancestors 17th century home, and a boat trip to Montmorency Falls.
For myself, I intend to wrap myself around a tourtiere and peg my cholesterol meter with a big plate of poutine!
You are lucky my early 17th century French Canadian ancestor's home all rotted. Those log cabin unless kept in strong maintenance tend to rot away. Even those built in the 1930's are just piles of debris. Lucky you. The falls are great

Reaction Score
I think the church is the oldest north of the Spanish Settlements.
While St Anne's east of Quebec has meanings to lots of French Canadians, my favorite is the one in Cap De Madaline, (Trios Rivier)
Near the home of my first American relative. That Church served the wounded and dying Americans from a botched American raid.

Reaction Score
The one thing that really stood out to me was the patriotic pride, when they played the Canadian Anthem, Oh Canada, pregame it seemed like every Canadian there was singing it as loud as they could! In the USA, some people keep their hats on, or walk around to concession stands, or do anything than listen or sing along when our National Anthem is played! Really p-ss-- me off! A number of American's have no respect for our country or it's heritage!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom