OT: Tony writes to Dear Abby... | The Boneyard

OT: Tony writes to Dear Abby...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Look a little harder ladies...

Given the tenor of a couple recent threads, I thought a little silly stupidity might be in order. Apparently a lady wrote into Dear Abby bemoaning the lack of quality single men. She printed a bunch of letters she received, one from "Tony in Connecticut".

He says "I can speak only for myself. Yes, I am at home watching bad cable TV -- not because I want to, but because some of us choose to be here for our elderly parents. We're not out and about except to take our mothers on errands, our dads for haircuts and both for medical appointments, on top of managing their finances and looking after their home.

Guess what? Society looks down on us because we have put their needs ahead of ours. We might not be at the typical social events, but we're out there. The next time you see a middle-aged man with a little old lady in the grocery store, bump into his cart and you might find a nice, lonely guy like me. -- TONY IN CONNECTICUT"

TonyC - we hardly knew ya! Ok I'm kidding. All joking aside I know it wasn't our Tony who wrote that. For one, there was no mention of UCONN, and two, there were no spelling errors. ;) Anyway Tony is a good friend so I know he will laugh when he reads this...

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
OUR Tony does NOT watch bad cable tv. He watches videotape replays of WHusky games. Exclusively.

Reaction Score
Last I checked, our Tony is still married. Don't tell his wife about this letter.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Last I checked, our Tony is still married. Don't tell his wife about this letter.
Yes, and three, Tony is married to a lovely woman...

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
LOL Eric. Pretty funny. Who is Dear Abby???? LOL Thats for the lead in Icebear. I am a power broker and I could use your help. I am leading for a trip to the Carribbean and need to save 10 more people money on their electric. If you choose to help me get your electric bill and go to my web site www.choosestarion.com/coppola5. Copy the info from the bill to the web site and answer call me now at the end. Be sure to write down the transaction number and when they call you right back you give them the transaction number. If you have a problem PM me. Thanks in advance Tonyc

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
He is a power broker. No, no I mean it he is a genuine power broker. If you don't believe, ask him.

Clever, funny, and true. Quite a combination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom