OT Tom Moore Signs Extension | The Boneyard

OT Tom Moore Signs Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Saw in the paper today that Q signed Moore to a 5 year extension. Good for Moore, but I always thought that he was destined for bigger and better things than head coach at Q. But, glad to see him get an extension.

Reaction Score
Well until he takes Q to the NCAA Tournament I don't think the big fish are going to come calling. I'm sure there are outs in his contract if that happens. Pretty much no downside for him to sign a 5 year extension. It gives him some security with probably the ability to get out.

Reaction Score
Huge props to Tom for the extension. Anyone who's seen him coach his kids knows that he's a quality coach and his recruiting success when at UConn speaks for itself.

He's come close to getting Q to the NCAAs, which is tough to do and almost a crapshoot for any mid-major program. It's not like these coaches can go after the best talent they spot. They have to aim at the right level of kid that's not likely going to pass them over for a high major program. Tom has done a great job with the level of talent he has. He'll get Q to the tournament sooner than later. If he was at a high-major, he'd get better talent and would be able to compete at a high level. He knows how to develop players and win.

If not for the Miles fiasco and the timing with KO, he would likely have been JC's choice as his successor.

Also, he's a NE guy and I think passed up on some jobs outside the region. I would not be shocked if some day he lands a middle of the pack high-major job if he decides to move on from Q.

Reaction Score
It will be interesting because Q is going up a notch by heading to MAAC from the Northeast Conference. Getting to the NCAAs is going to be much tougher than before with some really good mid majors

agree with Hooper no downside whatsoever from Tom's position. Take any kind of security while you can get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom