OT: Titileist AP1 Irons | The Boneyard

OT: Titileist AP1 Irons

Reaction Score
Went for a lesson last week and saw them in the golf shop. I don't like the thick top line on most of the cavity back cast clubs and they look great at set up. Anybody play with them?

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
Went for a lesson last week and saw them in the golf shop. I don't like the thick top line on most of the cavity back cast clubs and they look great at set up. Anybody play with them?
Got fitted for the Ping Gs when they were new 2 years ago, and I love them. I'm sticking with Ping for the foreseeable future.

Reaction Score
i got the AP1's a few years ago and hated them. switched to the AP2's and love them.

Reaction Score
Used them as a loaner set on vacation last year. Great clubs. Have cavity backed Calloways now, but looking at AP1 or 2 for my next set.

Reaction Score
I took the approach of not buying a new set of irons a couple of years ago and thought it wiser to invest the money in a series of lessons.

Well that approach worked so well (NOT) I'm back to the philosophy 'it must be the clubs', so I think I'll sample the AP1, certainly can't be my swing or advancing age that are causing my handicap to creep in the wrong direction.

Reaction Score
I had a set of Titleist irons that I played with for almost 15 years and I loved them. I hit some of the AP-1 and AP-2 irons while getting fitted last year, but ultimately ended up purchasing a set of Mizunos. I have to say I like the Mizuno irons far better than the Titleist. I’m not sure I’ll ever be able to go back to Titleist irons after playing with the Mizunos

Reaction Score
I have to say I like the Mizuno irons far better than the Titleist. I’m not sure I’ll ever be able to go back to Titleist irons after playing with the Mizunos

Same here, I went from Titleist to Taylormade and now to Mizuno (mp54). Mizuno is by far my most favorite irons ever. Can't believe it took me so long to figure this out.

Reaction Score
Look at the Mizuno JPX line. The forged feeling > cast
Thx Kev. Hit forged Mizuno's and didn't like them but will demo the cast version. I have Calloway X for about 15 years and trying to get away from the heavy cast look. I'm no longer a good enough ball striker (if I ever was) for forged irons.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Thx Kev. Hit forged Mizuno's and didn't like them but will demo the cast version. I have Calloway X for about 15 years and trying to get away from the heavy cast look. I'm no longer a good enough ball striker (if I ever was) for forged irons.

Same on the ball striking. Taylor Made R7s for me. Happy with them. I probably use my Calloway hybrid 3 and Vokey sand wedge more than all my irons combined. I don’t know how I ever hit the Titlest Blades I learned on as a kid.

Reaction Score
Same on the ball striking. Taylor Made R7s for me. Happy with them. I probably use my Calloway hybrid 3 and Vokey sand wedge more than all my irons combined. I don’t know how I ever hit the Titlest Blades I learned on as a kid.
I don't know how I hit the MT blades as a kid (same irons Nicklaus used). They had a sweet spot the size of a dime.

Reaction Score
Played Titleist and then Mizuno MP5s a few years ago. I don't think I'll be able to switch but interested in trying out the PXGs.

Reaction Score
I suck at golf. I have to play sometimes for charity outings for my company or my customers. I let them win because it is easy to do so because as I mentioned I suck at golf. I have a set of clubs I bought at Sports Authority. They are crap. I can't hit the broad side of a barn with them. I'm unsure if they are forged or cavity backed or both, but I know for sure they are crap. When I hit the ball it goes in the woods. Why is the woods so damn close? That isn't right.
My boss let me hit his Callaway irons and they suck too. The ball still goes in the woods. WTF.
You can't spell Titleist without Tit. Just sayin'.
I sometimes play yellow Spongebob balls. They go in the woods too, but are easier to find at least in the summer.
Cigars, free booze, dinner and an afternoon off make golf for me. Then I can drunkenly search for my ball in the woods while chomping a big heater in the middle of a workday afternoon.

Reaction Score
Ping cavity backs are the only irons I have ever played with, love them.

Reaction Score
I use Callaway Apex's and a Taylor Made M1 off the tee. The Apex's are the best irons I've played with. I'm a 4 handicap and have played with many different sets of irons and the Apex's are light, smooth and get good distance. I played with Callaways prior and would hit my 7 iron about 175, now I use my 7 for shots from 190-200. Highly suggest these.

Reaction Score
I don't know how I hit the MT blades as a kid (same irons Nicklaus used). They had a sweet spot the size of a dime.
Had Hogan forged blades. Boy, but when you hit that spot...

Reaction Score
I use Callaway Apex's and a Taylor Made M1 off the tee. The Apex's are the best irons I've played with. I'm a 4 handicap and have played with many different sets of irons and the Apex's are light, smooth and get good distance. I played with Callaways prior and would hit my 7 iron about 175, now I use my 7 for shots from 190-200. Highly suggest these.
Ok DJ

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom