OT - Time to Take Over NYC | The Boneyard

OT - Time to Take Over NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
UConn BB has ruled NYC for a while now - lets get NYC buzzing about UConn FB!

3:30 Yankee Stadium

The University needs your support Basketball Boneyarders!! Make a weekend out of it if your aren't football crazy and come support UConn!!

6 of us will be respresnting at the 9/11 Memorial earlier Saturday am - off to the game at 3:30 - and then show off the UConn colors in Times Square afterwards during our Irish Pub Crawl!

The Groupon is still available through tomorrow
http://www.groupon.com/deals/gl-army-black-knights-football-vs-uconn-huskies-college-football-6
Lets make sure that U-C-O-N-N is strong in NYC Saturday!

Reaction Score
I guess I should have put Diamond Stone in my thread title...

:-(

I just started laughing my ass off at this, people in my office are looking at me like I've got 6 heads. Very high on the unintentional comedy scale. Well done.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
C'mon board. Can't I convince at leAst 2 posters to get stoned in NYC?!? We need you! Be all you can be...

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
You can't take over NYC with a 2-6 football team. A football team that has been atrocious the past 4 years. You don't get fans by waving a flag in a city - you get fans by winning games.

That's like a Seton Hall fan saying, "hey we went to the Final Four once and we're here to run NYC because we have Isaiah Whitehead." Nope.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
You can't take over NYC with a 2-6 football team. A football team that has been atrocious the past 4 years. You don't get fans by waving a flag in a city - you get fans by winning games.

That's like a Seton Hall fan saying, "hey we went to the Final Four once and we're here to run NYC because we have Isaiah Whitehead." Nope.
Great - next you will tell me about our garbage student athletes, oh wait you already did that last month - be happy in the AAC or be part of the revolution!
Amant eam vivam didici!!
I bet you didn't think ISIS could take over a portion of the Middle East - anything is possible when you put your mind to it!

Syracuse has a sign inside of Yankeez Stadium as NYC team; they are 3-6!

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score

I hate losing. But I hate basketball fans that hate on other UConn sports much much more.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Great - next you will tell me about our garbage student athletes, oh wait you already did that last month - be happy in the AAC or be part of the revolution!
Amant eam vivam didici!!
I bet you didn't think ISIS could take over a portion of the Middle East - anything is possible when you put your mind to it!
Jesus here we go again. They're bad at playing football. Yes, the word garbage is a synonym for bad. Football will get us to a better conference, but fans waving flags in downtown Manhattan will not. When Diaco takes the Huskies to consistent bowl games, that'll make peoples heads turn and generate buzz.

ISIS comment isn't really necessary, but whenever you have such a corrupt, disorderly government that can't apply rule, regular folk will start to look towards people that have authority - ISIS has authority. No surprise in their quick takeover.

WestHartHusk said:
I hate losing. But I hate basketball fans that hate on other UConn sports much much more.
I don't actually - just saying the team and the players are bad doesn't mean I hate the program. I support Diaco and the team. I'm just admitting that the team is bad.

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
Jesus here we go again. They're bad at playing football. Yes, the word garbage is a synonym for bad. Football will get us to a better conference, but fans waving flags in downtown Manhattan will not. When Diaco takes the Huskies to consistent bowl games, that'll make peoples heads turn and generate buzz.

ISIS comment isn't really necessary, but whenever you have such a corrupt, disorderly government that can't apply rule, regular folk will start to look towards people that have authority - ISIS has authority. No surprise in their quick takeover.

I don't actually - just saying the team and the players are bad doesn't mean I hate the program. I support Diaco and the team. I'm just admitting that the team is bad.

You compared us to Seton Hall man, Seton Hall.:cool:

Bonehead

Reaction Score

So when a BB player has a bad night shooting, playing defense, or overall game make sure you support me when I call it or the student athlete garbage!

No need to worry - I won't use that synonym unlike you but I will expect you to use it.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
So when a BB player has a bad night shooting, playing defense, or overall game make sure you support me when I call it or the student athlete garbage!

No need to worry - I won't use that synonym unlike you but I will expect you to use it.
So many players have taken criticism from the basketball board. Omar Calhoun, Taliek Brown, Oriakhi, Roscoe Smith, even Shabazz at times. And sometimes people do say, "yeah they're sucking right now. They're playing bad. They're bad tonight. They've been terrible all season."

It happens.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
So many players have taken criticism from the basketball board. Omar Calhoun, Taliek Brown, Oriakhi, Roscoe Smith, even Shabazz at times. And sometimes people do say, "yeah they're sucking right now. They're playing bad. They're bad tonight. They've been terrible all season."

It happens.
No no. Garbage. Your word!!

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
No no. Garbage. Your word!!
Yes. Omar Calhoun was garbage last year - he had an injured hip and his play was garbage as a result. That's a fact...

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
Yes. Omar Calhoun was garbage last year - he had an injured hip and his play was garbage as a result. That's a fact...

Not a fact. To me, garbage includes off the court issues. Omar had a tough year, but he stayed positive in the locker room...who knows how the season turns out if he wasn't such a great teammate.

pj

Reaction Score
Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when UConn basketball lost to Houston? NO!!! Was it over when Montrezl Harrell bullied his way over, around, and through the MBB interior? NO!!! Is the UConn football takeover of NYC over because the football team is 2-6? Hell no!

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Stand behind your words - you didn't call the players play as garbage - your exact words on the FB board were garbage recruits - not that their play was garbage.

Way to try to change it. We can go back and forth all night long if you want but if you want to keep your BY respect I will expect you to call a BB player garbage as in your words it is a synonym for bad - the player and not their play.

You are the true definition of fan. We need supporters and not fanatics.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when UConn basketball lost to Houston? NO!!! Was it over when Montrezl Harrell bullied his way over, around, and through the MBB interior? NO!!! Is the UConn football takeover of NYC over because the football team is 2-6? Hell no!
Love this. Would like a 10000 times if I could!!

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
There is now $200 pledged to the Yarder who covers up "Syracuse" on their stupid New York's Team sign at the stadium, replacing it with UConn. See similar thread on Football board for details. :)

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Not a fact. To me, garbage includes off the court issues. Omar had a tough year, but he stayed positive in the locker room...who knows how the season turns out if he wasn't such a great teammate.
I agree. I hope he has a good season this year - we'll need him to get his 3-pt shot back on track. Shabazz bailed us out on so many possessions last year with deep jumpers - that won't be easily replaced this year.

Bonehead

Reaction Score
Diamond Stone tweeted he will be there...

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
C'mon board. Can't I convince at leAst 2 posters to get stoned in NYC?!? We need you! Be all you can be...

Honestly, it's a disappointing showing by the Yard.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Amant eam vivam didici!!

Syracuse has a sign inside of Yankeez Stadium as NYC team; they are 3-6!

Absolutely love the enthusiasm. Would have picked a different analogy though. Even if amusing.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Haven't had the same volume of Bluto references on the Yard in recent years as in years past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom