OT: Thirty Years Ago Today | The Boneyard

OT: Thirty Years Ago Today

Reaction Score
WOW I'm old :eek:

28 not married and getting all pumped up for the Big East tourney in a couple months. And a Myrtle Beach trip with the boys.

Now just old - 3 days of meetings in Newburgh this week, no tourney to look forward to and if I go to Myrtle in bed at 9pm not 2am so I can get up and play 18, not 36. Those were the days my friends.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
1/25/88 I was 42 and in the evening, I was flying home from two weeks working on a publishing project in Minnesota. The day I left there was the 2nd day of my stay that the temp had gotten over zero. I never saw the dunk in question.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I never saw it live. My mother had just died. That whole season I kinda missed altogether, except for the NIT championship game. That was sweet because I despise Ohio State and all of their obnoxious fans, some of whom I've had the sorry pleasure of having to work with over the years.

Mom wouldn't have been too popular around here. She was a Rutgers and SMU fan.

Reaction Score
I never saw it live. My mother had just died. That whole season I kinda missed altogether, except for the NIT championship game. That was sweet because I despise Ohio State and all of their obnoxious fans, some of whom I've had the sorry pleasure of having to work with over the years.

Mom wouldn't have been too popular around here. She was a Rutgers and SMU fan.

Mom will get taken care of tonight I do believe, this one's for her!

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Why do we care about this? Did I miss something?

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Mom will get taken care of tonight I do believe, this one's for her!

Oh, she'd have probably gone with the Huskies tonight since it's one of my alma maters, but against Rutgers I'm not so sure that would have cut any ice with her. ;)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Was in HAS over a friend's house. Still remember that dunk.

Lane could rebound like a mofo too.

Reaction Score
Why do we care about this? Did I miss something?

It's only one of the greatest posterizing, backboard-shattering dunks in the history of basketball.

Happened during the rise of the big, bad, old school Big East conference.

Called by Rafftery...one of the greatest basketball announcers ever.

But other than that, you're right...move along, nothing to see here!

Reaction Score
Oh, she'd have probably gone with the Huskies tonight since it's one of my alma maters, but against Rutgers I'm not so sure that would have cut any ice with her. ;)

lol maybe she did Nick. Kids stepped up nice win, bonus.

Reaction Score
30 years ago... Freshmen year at UConn, living in Towers. Watching games in the field house. Actually saw an upset win UConn with Cliff beat Gtown at the Civic Center. Gampel being built and because I was a student athletic trainer saw every home campus game from 89-91, it was a nice perk.

Reaction Score
30 years ago... Freshmen year at UConn, living in Towers. Watching games in the field house. Actually saw an upset win UConn with Cliff beat Gtown at the Civic Center. Gampel being built and because I was a student athletic trainer saw every home campus game from 89-91, it was a nice perk.
You lucky SOB! You were right there to see it all happen. How i envy you. I cant imagine what that campus mustve been like over those years. I was in middleschool and caught husky fever during that 1990 run and it was all anyone talked about at school for most of that year. That and the NFL of course.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom