OT: The two happiest moments in the life of a parent | The Boneyard

OT: The two happiest moments in the life of a parent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1. The first time you look into the eyes of that small miraculous creature who you will love your entire life.

2. The first time that once tiny creature accepts his first real job and starts planning to move out of your house and become his own person, independent of your bank account.

My son has officially accepted a job offer that will take him far away from his CT roots upon college graduation in May. The down side - outside of the obvious distance - he will be working in Palo Alto, CA just off the Stanford campus and he has already informed me he will become a Stanford fan, though I suspect he is saying this just to tease me.

While I mean for this post to be lighthearted, I am also mindful that there are parents in Newtown that will never experience this particular joy. I grieve for the loss of those lives so full of promise that will go unfulfilled. But I also celebrate my son's accomplishments. He has grown into a very confident, capable young adult. I am so proud of him.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Congrats! He did well getting into and through Ga. Tech. Palo Alto is a great place. His parents must have done something right. :)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
It is tough to have to disown a child whom you have invested so much in. A Stanford fan, that is just too much to bear.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
A Stanford fan? Still residing under your roof?

Love and tolerance are admirale traits, but this is ridiculous.

OUT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32