OT: The Times, They Are A-Changin'! | The Boneyard

OT: The Times, They Are A-Changin'!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Until recently, it was common to say something like, "What are they smokin'?" in general terms, but never specifically at an individual for fear of accusing that person of violating the law.

Well, we know that smoking laws have been drastically transformed in recent years. You can't "Light up a Lucky" even in places as vast as Yankee Stadium but a little weed in Colorado is now ho-hum okay.

So some of the verbal excesses (I avoid politics here!) I just read gave given me pause for thought about, yes, what are these guys smoking?

Just this morning, I read right here (Nan's news links) about what some coach said about Natalie Butler. He started off easy (she's "great"), then shifted gears ("All-American great"), switched superlatives (her footwork is "unbelievable," her speed is "unbelievable," and her work ethic is "unbelievable") and then, just to make sure, added that her work ethic is "absolutely unbelievable."

So I switched to a football link and read that the Tulane football coach was proud to join "this tremendous [AAC] conference," and you can guess the thought that leaped to my mind.

Reaction Score
Not really understanding your intent here. Could you clarify?

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Not really understanding your intent here. Could you clarify?

Sure. Just pokin' fun with the wild enthusiasm of some, including 'Yarders and coaches. I meant to bring smiles to dials. It's off-season and I carefully labeled it "OT." If I misfired, hit your ignore button or report me to our mods.

Reaction Score
Once again, Kib, you've proven that you're an unbelievable poster!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom