OT: The Sopranos 20th Anniverary | The Boneyard

OT: The Sopranos 20th Anniverary

Reaction Score
Some good stuff out there with it being the 20th anniversary of The Sopranos

‘Sopranos’ Cast And Creators Reunion: 5 Things We Learned – Rolling Stone
Michael Imperioli (Christopher Molisanti) brought up a recurring Sopranos ritual — taking the cast member whose character was just offed out to dinner in Little Italy. Still, not every actor was thrilled at the very likely prospect that he or she may be written out of the show. Producer Terence Winter recalled what Tony Sirico (Paulie Walnuts) said to him, in a perfectly Paulie way: “If I [fricken] die, you [fricken] die.” Seated right before Winter, Sirico just smiled and did not deny the story.

Full interview with cast on The Today Show this morning: ‘Sopranos’ cast reunites on 20th anniversary: See full interview

Also heard Dirty Work on my way into work and have been singing it like Tony Soprano for the better part of the morning

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Great show. That’s when hbo was in its hey day. Classic series like sopranos , the wire, deadwood, entourage, Rome, boardwalk empire etc. there’s still some good shows out there like game of thrones, Ray Donovan and ozark but not like it used to be. Is there a sopranos movie in the works? I couldn’t tell from yer post. Obviously hard to do with gandolfini passing. Crazy

Reaction Score
Great show. That’s when hbo was in its hey day. Classic series like sopranos , the wire, deadwood, entourage, Rome, boardwalk empire etc. there’s still some good shows out there like game of thrones, Ray Donovan and ozark but not like it used to be. Is there a sopranos movie in the works? I couldn’t tell from yer post. Obviously hard to do with gandolfini passing. Crazy
Apparently they are making a Sopranos prequel: Young Tony Soprano Confirmed for Prequel Movie The Many Saints of Newark

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Ray Donovan is on Showtime.

Reaction Score
Some good stuff out there with it being the 20th anniversary of The Sopranos

‘Sopranos’ Cast And Creators Reunion: 5 Things We Learned – Rolling Stone
Michael Imperioli (Christopher Molisanti) brought up a recurring Sopranos ritual — taking the cast member whose character was just offed out to dinner in Little Italy. Still, not every actor was thrilled at the very likely prospect that he or she may be written out of the show. Producer Terence Winter recalled what Tony Sirico (Paulie Walnuts) said to him, in a perfectly Paulie way: “If I [fricken] die, you [fricken] die.” Seated right before Winter, Sirico just smiled and did not deny the story.

Full interview with cast on The Today Show this morning: ‘Sopranos’ cast reunites on 20th anniversary: See full interview

Also heard Dirty Work on my way into work and have been singing it like Tony Soprano for the better part of the morning

Greatest show ever

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Greatest show ever

It is.

That and the Wire. 1A and 1B and I dont care which way you want to flip it. Im good with either call. Nothing else touches either. Not Breaking Bad, Not Mad Men, Not GOT (and they are all fantastic shows) .... So crazy that they were aired back to back for a few years.

August_West

Reaction Score
Upon a million rewatches (including this week as HBO2 is playing a season a day) you realize that it actually may be a comedy series.

Reaction Score
I vacillate between The Wire and The Sopranos being the best show ever. Watching The Sopranos through for the third time and it gets even better upon multiple viewings. It's even funnier and more brutal than I remember. I think the character development gives it a little separation over the others. Right now I'm giving it a slight nod over The Wire. Boardwalk needs a second viewing, awesome show. Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul are also unbelievably good. Justified and Oz are also right there. HBO is king.

Reaction Score
Did you know the fbomb is dropped 437 times in the first season of @HBO's The Sopranos? More fun facts here: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About ‘The Sopranos’

>>Tony wins the vulgarity contest with 134 big ones, Sil has 20, Paulie has 25, Christopher has 61, Carmela has 5, and remaining 192 are scattered throughout the rest of the cast. That number jumped to 715 in Season Two.<<

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I like The Sopranos the best, loved every second of watching it. Only regret is that I didn't see it live, so the last episode didn't have the same build up knowing the ending.

Hot Take: The Wire is a bit overrated. It's a great show, but some episodes are painfully slow moving.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Upon a million rewatches (including this week as HBO2 is playing a season a day) you realize that it actually may be a comedy series.
Johnny Cakes? C'mon. That was hysterical.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
Sopranos is an awesome show minus the series finale...

August_West

Reaction Score
It's hilarious. Paulie Walnuts is one of the funniest characters in history.

All of them.

Phil Leotardo is hilarious.
Carmine Lupertazzi makes me tear up with laughter
All the chraracters get so many comic turns.

Watched the episode the other day where they are having the meeting about "Cleaver" pure comedy gold. And that is all with Chris, Silvio, Patsy and Vito

Brilliant

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Best show tv has ever produced.

I can always hear Tony’s voice yelling “AJ!” In my head.

August_West

Reaction Score
That's part of the lore now though. And I like it better the more time has passed.

And no one posting in this thread can hear "All That You Dream" or "Don't Stop Believin'" without thinking of it.

Nope.

Its a flat out genius ending too. And all the clues from all the episodes leading up to it tell you exactly how it ended.

I love that Chase didnt pander to the lazy who need things in neat bows without thinking.

Reaction Score
All of them.

Phil Leotardo is hilarious.
Carmine Lupertazzi makes me tear up with laughter
All the chraracters get so many comic turns.

Watched the episode the other day where they are having the meeting about "Cleaver" pure comedy gold. And that is all with Chris, Silvio, Patsy and Vito

Brilliant
Yep, Sil's little speech to Christopher at his intervention is one of the funniest things ever. That whole scene is brilliant.

Junior, Artie, and Silvio are all hysterical.

Reaction Score
The Sopranos debuting is the Television equivalent of the Beatles on Ed Sullivan.

Everything that has come in this incredible 21st century of TV owes its existence to the Sopranos.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom