OT - The new status symbol - A Generator. | The Boneyard

OT - The new status symbol - A Generator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Despite the storm, my wife has managed to stay up to date on her Facebook and one of her good friend's husband who has friended her keeps bringing up how great his generator is (we dont have one and were w/o power for days).

This, as well as all her female friends either also having one or not having lost power, has resulted in a me swimming in a river of shoot.

Is it just my opinion, or is FB just a place for people to be self congratulatory and be braggarts? A guy congratulating himself basically for being too much of a wuss to deal w/ what everyone put up with every day of their life until just over a century ago.

Sorry for the rant, but its made this week so much harder.

Reaction Score
Blame the guy, not the site. FB merely allows braggarts to brag more easily.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Find out what generator he has and buy the next size up. This way when your paths cross and he starts to brag you can say "mine's bigger".

Reactions: THC

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Despite the storm, my wife has managed to stay up to date on her Facebook and one of her good friend's husband who has friended her keeps bringing up how great his generator is (we dont have one and were w/o power for days).

This, as well as all her female friends either also having one or not having lost power, has resulted in a me swimming in a river of shoot.

Is it just my opinion, or is FB just a place for people to be self congratulatory and be braggarts? A guy congratulating himself basically for being too much of a wuss to deal w/ what everyone put up with every day of their life until just over a century ago.

Sorry for the rant, but its made this week so much harder.

You could always just bang his wife.

Hmm?

Reaction Score
It's not just him - his posting is just the most egregious. He got a whole home setup, so it appears I'm outgunned.

Decorum would dictate one would think, that you should keep your good fortune to yourself. What's next is he going to post to someone in Dafur how safe it is here?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Im not much of a facebook guy. I dont have an account and wouldn't unless facebook paid me about 3-4k but based on how I understand it your wife can send a clear message with an unfriend. Or a defriend. Or whatever.

Generators are for anyway. Live a little. I 'had' to eat a half gallon of ice cream for dinner Monday. Oh look a legitimate excuse to have Basil Hayden's for dinner and go to bed at 7:30. That's what I'd prefer to do anyway - but it's not 'socially acceptable'.

Reaction Score
Oh how I'd love her to get off that site altogether!!!

It's like a competition - no one writes anything bad that happens to them / it's a big bubble.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Im not much of a facebook guy. I dont have an account and wouldn't unless facebook paid me about 3-4k but based on how I understand it your wife can send a clear message with an unfriend. Or a defriend. Or whatever.

Generators are for anyway. Live a little. I 'had' to eat a half gallon of ice cream for dinner Monday. Oh look a legitimate excuse to have Basil Hayden's for dinner and go to bed at 7:30. That's what I'd prefer to do anyway - but it's not 'socially acceptable'.
Without a generator I visited the homestaed today to empty the fridge of perishables...while crying. I used 13 paper towels to lop up a 1/2 gallon of Edy's Neopolitan from the bottom of the freezer.

Reaction Score
Taco, let me explain it to you.... He has a small one. Worse than that, his compensation is a generator. If he was a really potent small guy he would have a King of the Road Corvette etc...
A generator? Your are making it easy for him.

Let me tell you about my batteries. I have so many batteries, oh and rechargable things too . Hell I have a wood burning stove - I am ready for the end times that I have heard will happen this year. Women really get hot for me when I tell them this.

Reaction Score
Oh how I'd love her to get off that site altogether!!!

It's like a competition - no one writes anything bad that happens to them / it's a big bubble.

or they write things that they shouldn't put in a public forum, even if they secretly think it - case in point, we are friends with a couple, and wifey is a mega-hottie runner-type. She posts on FB how the hurricane ruined her NYC marathon - maybe it was the way she worded it, but there's a lot more crazy going on down there then not being able to run up and down the island, things like people with no power, a massively ducked-up transit situation, growing lawlessness, fuel shortages, etc. Don't get me wrong, I'd still drop trou in record time to tap it, but that type of public posting really can tarnish a hottie.

Reaction Score
Let me tell you about my batteries. I have so many batteries, oh and rechargable things too . .

you'll be a apocalypse hero
*COUGH*can't-plug-in-a-vibrator*COUGH*

Reaction Score
Nothing against generators, after losing power three times for several days each time, I can't see not getting one. If it were just me, no a chance I'd get one. Other than it being a bit cold it's not bad at all. Like Tom Tuttle from Tacoma WA, I feel I'm better for having gone through it.

It's just too much dealing w/ the wife and kids so I will probably get one big enough to power the fridge, some lights, a space heater or two and of course the computer so she can brag about her generator!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom