OT: The National Anthem: To Boneyard Music Lovers | The Boneyard

OT: The National Anthem: To Boneyard Music Lovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Boneyard music lovers:

I hope you have all noticed the god-awful arrangement of our National Anthem replete with wrong chords being performed at the numerous gold medal events won by our side. It is an embarrassment and if I hear it again, I'm going to be sick. Well, on the other hand, as long as we keep winning...

(Former member of the West Point Band, in some ancient time).

Reaction Score
You're right - I noticed it the first time I heard it and wondered if the British were getting back at us for the War of 1812.

All joking aside, does the host country get carte blanche in selecting all the performances from the squadrillion different national anthem recordings available? You'd hope the country whose anthem it is could specify which recording they prefer.

Reaction Score
As Wonkster said, there are so many national anthems for so many countries. Wouldn't it make sense for the IOC to simply ask each country to submit an anthem? I'd choose the Hendrix version, but that's just me.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
there was n extensive discussion on FB with a bunch of my colleagues on this very topic a few days back. The consensus of all - in word - Yeesh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom