CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
Too many letters. Need 3 plus mony.

CTyankee

Reaction Score
Pali?

PAlimony is correct... It turns out our local newspaper failed to note "the theme" of this crossword puzzle which was "P and A". A number of the clues sneaked PA together in one letter box, thus PAlimony took up only seven spaces...

No wonder my wife, with English as a second language, could not understand how to solve it... I guess too much of Germany still resides in her... Sneaky devils these crossword authors are...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
PAlimony is correct... It turns out our local newspaper failed to note "the theme" of this crossword puzzle which was "P and A". A number of the clues sneaked PA together in one letter box, thus PAlimony took up only seven spaces...

No wonder my wife, with English as a second language, could not understand how to solve it... I guess too much of Germany still resides in her... Sneaky devils these crossword authors are...
Frau Heidi is very nice!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
She just gave you a huge smile...
happy-face-clip-art-dr-odd.jpg

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score

I believe (subject of course to correction;)) that the earliest journalistic use of the word "palimony" occurred when film actor Lee Marvin and his, um, companion split. They had lived together blissfully for many years without ever taking marriage vows. When their relationship ended, the breakup was acrimonious, as is often the case with traditional divorces. At that time there was little legal precedent for courts to cite for guidance when divvying up jointly-held property. And that's how this creative media coinage - palimony. - was born.

At least that's how I recall it.:)

CTyankee

Reaction Score
Wikipedia agrees with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics