OT- The cops at the Rent | The Boneyard

OT- The cops at the Rent

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
With all due respect to the men who choose to serve and protect the citizens, here is my observation of the E.H. cops working the crosswalk into the stadium at Silver Lane...

Early in the season, when there is a mob of pedestrians waiting to cross the road, and only a few cars driving, you can bet your ass that the pedestrians will be waiting, and waiting, and waiting for the cops to stop traffic and let them cross.

Later in the season, when the fans are few and far between, regardless of how long the traffic line is, the cops will march right out to let 2 people cross.

My conclusion is that they are behaving like dicks. They are simply exercising control over as many people as possible. 3 pedestrians and 50 cars? The walkers can wait, to hell with cold weather. 100 pedestrians and 4 cars? This unruly mob can stand at the corner and wait, maybe someone will give the cops a reason to hassle them further. We can all tell what they're over-compensating for.

Reaction Score
I was hoping for something insightful, but then realized it was just The Boneyard

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Is there a punch line?

Reaction Score
With all due respect to the men who choose to serve and protect the citizens, here is my observation of the E.H. cops working the crosswalk into the stadium at Silver Lane...

Early in the season, when there is a mob of pedestrians waiting to cross the road, and only a few cars driving, you can bet your ass that the pedestrians will be waiting, and waiting, and waiting for the cops to stop traffic and let them cross.

Later in the season, when the fans are few and far between, regardless of how long the traffic line is, the cops will march right out to let 2 people cross.

My conclusion is that they are behaving like dicks. They are simply exercising control over as many people as possible. 3 pedestrians and 50 cars? The walkers can wait, to hell with cold weather. 100 pedestrians and 4 cars? This unruly mob can stand at the corner and wait, maybe someone will give the cops a reason to hassle them further. We can all tell what they're over-compensating for.

Thank you, Mayor DeBlasio.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Horrible OP. Now if you mentioned the "security staff" INSIDE The Rent you might have more supporters.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Wasn't the last game at the rent over two months ago?

Reaction Score
I agree there are too many cops at the Rent and too many security people inside the stadium.
That's funny I'd like to know where the security hangs out...because it certainly isn't near my section..where there is a constant issue EVERY game between 2 groups!!!

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
That's funny I'd like to know where the security hangs out...because it certainly isn't near my section..where there is a constant issue EVERY game between 2 groups!!!

They're busy watching the blue seats and making sure that, even in a losing season with a mostly empty stadium, the fans that are willing to stand and yell and cheer can't sneak into the good seats.

The trick is to go down in the bleachers next to the blue backs, then just walk over.

Reaction Score
They're busy watching the blue seats and making sure that, even in a losing season with a mostly empty stadium, the fans that are willing to stand and yell and cheer can't sneak into the good seats.

The trick is to go down in the bleachers next to the blue backs, then just walk over.
No they're not...I sit in one of those sections...and pay a PREMIUM fee to sit there! And we yell and cheer in our section so you must not sneak into that one...the section to my left does too.

Reaction Score
Thank you, Mayor DeBlasio.
He truly must be good ole Billy Boy because according to MikeDog10 you should be able to just go sit anywhere you want at the Rent...regardless of how much you paid for your seat or where your ticket says your seat location is.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He truly must be good ole Billy Boy because according to MikeDog10 you should be able to just go sit anywhere you want at the Rent...regardless of how much you paid for your seat or where your ticket says your seat location is.

I hear what you're saying, but anyone who went to the SMU game should be able to sit wherever the hell they want. I get enforcing that when there are decent crowds but as the season went on and the crowds dwindled, what's the point? You're not protecting the value of the tickets at that point.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I hear what you're saying, but anyone who went to the SMU game should be able to sit wherever the hell they want. I get enforcing that when there are decent crowds but as the season went on and the crowds dwindled, what's the point? You're not protecting the value of the tickets at that point.

Thank you Jimmy, that's what I'm saying. I bring my buddies and stand and cheer from 212 every game, but when the stadium is at less than half capacity, they need to give it a rest. By the SMU game, we deserved to fill those nice empty seats and support the team. Instead, stadium management would rather keep folks on the concourse than in seats.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
which value, the one i paid or the one that they offered at the discount for the game?

It might be too hard, but they should designate a 'sneak-in' section that they fill during the game to make it look better on TV. Especially in the first week in December. Reach out to the tickets that are scanned at the door, and find that scanned seat, grab whoever is in it, and bring them down to sit in the empty seat.

A Season Survivor perk.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I have no problem with the cops at the Rent.

On the other hand, I have no use for the guys who get a hard on when they don a few square feet of yellow nylon and even less use if they are driving a golf cart.

Reaction Score

At this point I think it's safe to say that any fan who subjects themselves to these games like we do..... All have issues! LOL

Reaction Score
I get that...but when you come into a section and constantly cause fights with other that sit in that section it becomes a drag...I moved to that section to stop dealing with people bringing their drunk a**hole friends ...now I have to deal with that again...I'm sorry but that's straight up BS. And just fir the record I sit in 242 mezzinine chairbacks (row 6 seats 5&6).

Reaction Score
Thank you Jimmy, that's what I'm saying. I bring my buddies and stand and cheer from 212 every game, but when the stadium is at less than half capacity, they need to give it a rest. By the SMU game, we deserved to fill those nice empty seats and support the team. Instead, stadium management would rather keep folks on the concourse than in seats.
When guys like you come up to a section like mine...anyagonize ither season ticket holders in my section who ACTUALLY pay to sit in that section I have a SERIOUS issue with that. Why...because now I can't watch the game...no matter how bad our on field performance is because I have to constantly deal with ass**holes picking fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom