OT: Thanksgiving Pledge | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Thanksgiving Pledge

Do you accept Augusts challenge to forgo the Turkey this year?

• Yes - Ive been paying attention to August here for the last few years and hes converted me

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • No - My taste buds are compromised and I like eating dreck

Votes: 47 68.1%
  • Hybrid - Turkey is terrible,I will serve a better main dish but Turkey will be a side for tradition

Votes: 16 23.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
What are you talking about I don't eat seafood?
Youre as misinformed as Cl82

Superjohn probably just assumed you don't eat seafood since they do not serve it at Arby's. Honest mistake.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Or maybe you prefer your cognitive dissonance on a Star Cut Bun?

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Or maybe you prefer your cognitive dissonance on a Star Cut Bun?

I’ve never found it necessary to order Turkey there with their commitment to #meatcraft in so many other delicious areas

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I’ve never found it necessary to order Turkey there with their commitment to #meatcraft in so many other delicious areas
Yes, but if your pledge holds value, why are they dishonoring it by featuring turkey?

Basically, this is Arby's taking a knee at your pledge.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Yes, but if your pledge holds value, why are they dishonoring it by featuring turkey?

Basically, this is Arby's taking a knee at your pledge.

They recognize there may still be some mouthbreathers out their who would choose Turkey instead of Pork belly, Brisket, Roast Beef, Corned beef or Chicken.

Arbys tries to be equitable.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Hate to disappoint Aug but I love the "traditional" Thanksgiving meal. Turkey and all the sides = delish. The smell of a turkey cooking is the best. To all traditionalists out there I would strongly suggest Emeril's tetrazzini with the leftover bird.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
They recognize there may still be some mouthbreathers out their who would choose Turkey instead of Pork belly, Brisket, Roast Beef, Corned beef or Chicken.

Arbys tries to be equitable.
I would have gone with the conversion theory, i.e., they are using the turkey as bait to deliver their addictive pork products.

Kind of how the Catholic church embraced Romulus and Remus to sell Christianity.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I would have gone with the conversion theory, i.e., they are using the turkey as bait to deliver their addictive pork products.

Kind of how the Catholic church embraced Romulus and Remus to sell Christianity.

Welcome back!

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I pledge to live and die with my Huskies Thanksgiving Night regardless of the score, and I'll eat some leftover Turkey while watching

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
No rational person puts ketchup on turkey.
True but one irrational guy did (or was supposed to) for a post season. Personally, I think he should have to force one of these down every Thanksgiving.

sandwich-turkey-smoked-ham-tomato-ketchup-wooden-board-57106332.jpg

Eat the mojo sandwich Commie!

Reaction Score
Going to my sisters tomorrow. Still cooking my own turkey and a turkey breast for leftovers all weekend. Take that, ADub.

Reaction Score
OK...

This may be difficult to swallow for some, but Im forgoing my annual bashing of Turkey here. Weve been talking about it every November for long enough that I feel that my views on this pestilence are well known.

This year we are going to see if any of the information has stuck, and y'all have learned anything. Have minds been changed?

I encourage you to answer the pledge/poll (its anonymous) so we can take the Boneyard temperature in regards to Turkey in 2017.

Please participate.

I've been listening, but not very intently. I forget the details. You hate Turkey. You love ketchup. You put ketchup on Turkey....or something like that?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom