OT: Thanksgiving Pledge | The Boneyard

OT: Thanksgiving Pledge

Do you accept Augusts challenge to forgo the Turkey this year?

• Yes - Ive been paying attention to August here for the last few years and hes converted me

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • No - My taste buds are compromised and I like eating dreck

Votes: 47 68.1%
  • Hybrid - Turkey is terrible,I will serve a better main dish but Turkey will be a side for tradition

Votes: 16 23.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
OK...

This may be difficult to swallow for some, but Im forgoing my annual bashing of Turkey here. Weve been talking about it every November for long enough that I feel that my views on this pestilence are well known.

This year we are going to see if any of the information has stuck, and y'all have learned anything. Have minds been changed?

I encourage you to answer the pledge/poll (its anonymous) so we can take the Boneyard temperature in regards to Turkey in 2017.

Please participate.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
OK...

This may be difficult to swallow for some, but Im forgoing my annual bashing of Turkey here. Weve been talking about it every November for long enough that I feel that my views on this pestilence are well known.

This year we are going to see if any of the information has stuck, and y'all have learned anything. Have minds been changed?

I encourage you to answer the pledge/poll (its anonymous) so we can take the Boneyard temperature in regards to Turkey in 2017.

Please participate.
This may be a reply that belongs in The Cesspool, because the wording of the poll is as slanted as a questionnaire I recently received about President Trump and the media. The forced choice answers there did not fit, and that's the case here as well.

I usually end up taking a beautifully composed picture of my Thanksgiving plate that is composed of a dozen or so food choices. Turkey is among them and I have objections. That'd make me a traditionalist, but without the slur.

What puzzled me was why y'all omitted all the apostrophes and spelled it "Turkey." We're you up to some kind of trick's there?

Reaction Score
Can't really answer. I don't hate turkey, but I feel no need to follow cultural traditions. The last 3 years we have gone out to eat at a local soul food restaurant that specializes in fried fish and seafood in general ... no turkey involved. This year should be more of the same!

Reaction Score
You don't eat seafood and you think Arby's is great eats, you and Whaler are invalidated when it comes to food.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Well, this thread is a full out fail.

Is it though? I find it encouraging. Right now 40 percent of the boneyard thinks turkey sucks enough that it is not the featured dish of Thanksgiving . That's higher than I wouldve predicted and gives me hope for humanity.

My message is being accepted.

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Is it though? I find it encouraging. Right now 40 percent of the boneyard thinks turkey sucks enough that it is not the feartured dish of Thanksgiving . That's higher than I wouldve predicted and gives me hope for humanity.

Pal level spin

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
You don't eat seafood and you think Arby's is great eats, you and Whaler are invalidated when it comes to food.
What are you talking about I don't eat seafood?
Youre as misinformed as Cl82

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Love your new avatar etc.
Brilliant

Like all good Italians, I will eat turkey after the ante pasta,
Wedding soup. Stuffed artichokes and lasagna.
Then the Pilgrim food.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
OK...

Please participate.
AW, being fat doesn't make you a gourmet.

Different people like different things. I personally would select slow roasted turkey breast (or if were summer, smoked turkey breast) over anything Arby's would ever put on their menu.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
AW, being fat doesn't make you a gourmet.

Different people like different things. I personally would select slow roasted turkey breast (or if were summer, smoked turkey breast) over anything Arby's would ever put on their menu.

You sound triggered .

Arby's pork belly > Turkey

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Is it though? I find it encouraging. Right now 40 percent of the boneyard thinks turkey sucks enough that it is not the featured dish of Thanksgiving . That's higher than I wouldve predicted and gives me hope for humanity.

Nobody is voting in your stupid push poll, Augie.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy are among the great food combinations in human history. Yes, that’s what we will be eating. Wish we had it more often.

Reaction Score
nothing like a traditional t-day dinner: eel, squirrel, beans, corn, nits, an rasberries. What did you think they had in 1620 (they landed Nov 9)? Whole Foods take-out?

Last edited:

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Turkey is as much of a part of Thanksgiving as rooting against the Cowboys, a Lions loss ATS. That is far from saying it's the best part of the meal. In fact there is probably only one food, out all that is traditionally served that day, that I would place turkey ahead of.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom