OT: Test #506B | The Boneyard

OT: Test #506B

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
14..Founder of National Review Magazine?

15..Where on TV does one view "Street Outlaws"?

16..Nationality of Audrey Tautou? And one of her films?

17..The CIA trained 1500 Cubans in 1961. Then what happened?

18..In 1972 Nina Kuscsik was a first and a first Explain.

19..A tiny town of 23,000 sandwiched between I-5 and I-210?

20..The 5th most populous religion?

21..What's going on with Bill O'Reilly?

22..Two-thirds of the main characters(?) in this famous play(?) are involved in rape. T.W.(?) wrote it.

23..First black actor to win an Oscar? And for what film?

24..Link Hermann Hesse to Magic Carpet Ride.

25..One nation in South America and one in Europe have decriminalized personal use for all drugs.
Name them.

Solving all these will enhance the taste of your morning coffee.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
17. The Bay of Pigs fiasco
21. Multiple women have accused him of sexual misconduct, which he has settled, quietly, paying millions of dollars. As the news came out, he "went on vacation". No official word yet as to when said "vacation" will end.
23. Sidney Poitier, Raisins in the Sun?
24. Hesse wrote Steppenwolf, Steppenwolf sang Magic Carpet Ride

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
17..The Bay of Pigs
18..In 1972 Nina Kuscsik was the first woman to win the Boston Marathon so maybe also one of the first women to run in it?
20..Hindu
21..Sexual harassment and denial
23..Hattie McDanile in Gone with the wind and Sidney Poitier in Lillies of the Field

Reaction Score
14..William F Buckley Jr

16..French ..... The DaVinci Code

17..Bay of Pigs

21..Trying to beat down revelations of Sexual Harassment settlements

23..Hattie MacDonald Gone with the Wind

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
14. William F. Buckley Jr. (The Polysyllabic Kid!)

15. Guessing Velocity Channel due to “Street”

17. A fiasco known as the Bay of Pigs

20. I don’t know but I always liked this cartoon.
religion-invention-inventor-inventing-invents-cults-wmi110101_low.jpg

22. A Streetcar Named Desire – I don’t know the religion question but I know this. Scary stuff!

23. Hattie McDaniel as Mammy in Gone with the Wind

25. Netherlands and Argentina (Hmmm, I’ll bet someone comments on this.)

Reaction Score
14. William F. Buckley
18. First woman to compete in the Boston Marathon
21. Settled sexual harassment suites brought by 3(?) women
23. Sidney Poitier for Lilies in the Field.

Reaction Score
14. William F Buckley
16. French, The DaVinci Code
17. The Bay of Pigs Fiasco
19. Arcadia CA
20. Buddhism
21. Embroiled in a sexual harassment scandal that has him sidelined from the airwaves for a little while
23. Assuming you mean male actor, then it is Sidney Poitier, Lilies of the Field. Hattie McDaniel won a best supporting actress Oscar for Gone With The Wind.
24. Herman Hesse wrote Steppenwolf. Steppenwolf, the band, performed Magic Carpet Ride(another great song from the 60s).

Rocket009

Santa Cruz. CA
Reaction Score
16..French - Amelie
17..Bay of Pigs
20..Christianity
21..On Vacation - carefully avoiding the fall out from the multiple sexual discrimination settlements that Fox paid out.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
14. Wm. F. Buckley
16..French, but no idea of films
17..Kennedy dropped them off in the Bay of Pigs with no support and disaster ensued
20..Hinduism?
21..Multiple accusations of sexual harassment, strenuous denial, a spike in ratings
22..characters(?) in "A Streetcar Named Desire" are involved in rape. TenneseeWilliams wrote it.
23..Sidney Poitier. "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner"
24..Steppenwolf
25..? and the Netherlands

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
14. Buckley Jr.

17.Bad Day at Pig Bay
21. Ol Bill is finally getting his just deserts.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
17..What is with you people?! Your kid asks you, "Daddy, what did those 1500 Cubans do"?
And your answer is a body of water(with or without the attached "fiasco"). Does it not occur to you that you are being asked for a behavior and you answer a body of water? How does a body of water set the child on a good path to erudition?
Fie on your facile labels as a substitute for clarity.

19..It has the same name as the area valley.

20..The guys wear turbans.

22..The characters? You overlooked this part.

25..Guess again. Salazar is a past famous name in one place. For the other, its capital is on a horizontal line with Santiago and Buenos Aires.

Reaction Score
17. When these Cuban exiles, trained in Nicaragua(an open secret) launched their attack at The Bay of Pigs, they expected US military support that President Kennedy made a decision to withhold; an embarassing defeat/slaughter of the rebels by Cuban troops ensued.
In defense of all the posters who just posted Bay of Pigs, it is my opinion that Bay of Pigs in and of itself supplies the entire narrative. The Gettysburg Address, 9/11, Jackie Robinson. Short answers, big story. Of course, when you put it as you did,"Daddy, what did those 1500 Cubans do?", you change the narrative. then, I would just tell my son/daughter to go look it up in the encyclopedia(old school).

Reaction Score
19. Simi Valley
20. Sikhs
22. Stella and Stanley
25. Portugal and Uruguay

Reaction Score
17. When these Cuban exiles, trained in Nicaragua(an open secret) launched their attack at The Bay of Pigs, they expected US military support that President Kennedy made a decision to withhold; an embarassing defeat/slaughter of the rebels by Cuban troops ensued.
In defense of all the posters who just posted Bay of Pigs, it is my opinion that Bay of Pigs in and of itself supplies the entire narrative. The Gettysburg Address, 9/11, Jackie Robinson. Short answers, big story. Of course, when you put it as you did,"Daddy, what did those 1500 Cubans do?", you change the narrative. then, I would just tell my son/daughter to go look it up in the encyclopedia(old school).

Daddy what is the encyclopedia? ;)

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
25..Guess again. Salazar is a past famous name in one place. For the other, its capital is on a horizontal line with Santiago and Buenos Aires.

OK! Pick one. Yes, research. :oops: Who knew so many!

Argentina
In August 2009, the Argentine supreme court declared in a landmark ruling that it was unconstitutional to prosecute citizens for having drugs for their personal use - "adults should be free to make lifestyle decisions without the intervention of the state".[1] The decision affected the second paragraph of Article 14 of the country’s drug control legislation (Law Number 23,737) that punishes the possession of drugs for personal consumption with prison sentences ranging from one month to two years (although education or treatment measures can substitute penalties). The unconstitutionality of the article concerns cases of drug possession for personal consumption that does not affect others.

Colombia
In 2009, Colombia’s Supreme Court ruled that possession of illegal drugs for personal use is not a criminal offense, citing a 1994 decision by the country’s Constitutional Court.[6] In 2012 Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos proposed the legalisation of drugs in an effort to counter the failure of the War on Drugs, which was said to have yielded poor results at a huge cost.

Ecuador
According to the 2008 Constitution of Ecuador, in its Article 364 the Ecuadorian state does not see drug consumption as a crime but only as a health concern.[8] Since June 2013 the State drugs regulatory office CONSEP has published a table which establishes maximum doses carried by persons so as to be considered in legal possession.

Mexico
In April 2009, the Mexican Congress approved changes in the General Health Law that decriminalized the possession of illegal drugs for immediate consumption and personal use, allowing a person to possess up to 5 g of marijuana or 500 mg of cocaine. The only restriction is that people in possession of drugs should not be within a 300-meter radius of schools, police departments, or correctional facilities. Opium, heroin, LSD, and other synthetic drugs were also decriminalized, it will not be considered as a crime as long as the dose does not exceed the limit established in the General Health Law.

Uruguay
Uruguay is one of few countries that never criminalized the possession of drugs for personal use. Since 1974, the law establishes no quantity limits, leaving it to the judge’s discretion to determine whether the intent was personal use.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score

20..The guys wear turbans.

22..The characters? You overlooked this part.

20. Sikhs
22. Blanche DuBois, Stella Kowalski, Stanley Kowalski
25. Pick one! Yes, research. :oops: Who knew so many.
Argentina
In August 2009, the Argentine supreme court declared in a landmark ruling that it was unconstitutional to prosecute citizens for having drugs for their personal use - "adults should be free to make lifestyle decisions without the intervention of the state".[1] The decision affected the second paragraph of Article 14 of the country’s drug control legislation (Law Number 23,737) that punishes the possession of drugs for personal consumption with prison sentences ranging from one month to two years (although education or treatment measures can substitute penalties). The unconstitutionality of the article concerns cases of drug possession for personal consumption that does not affect others.

Colombia
In 2009, Colombia’s Supreme Court ruled that possession of illegal drugs for personal use is not a criminal offense, citing a 1994 decision by the country’s Constitutional Court.[6] In 2012 Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos proposed the legalisation of drugs in an effort to counter the failure of the War on Drugs, which was said to have yielded poor results at a huge cost.

Ecuador
According to the 2008 Constitution of Ecuador, in its Article 364 the Ecuadorian state does not see drug consumption as a crime but only as a health concern.[8] Since June 2013 the State drugs regulatory office CONSEP has published a table which establishes maximum doses carried by persons so as to be considered in legal possession.

Mexico
In April 2009, the Mexican Congress approved changes in the General Health Law that decriminalized the possession of illegal drugs for immediate consumption and personal use, allowing a person to possess up to 5 g of marijuana or 500 mg of cocaine. The only restriction is that people in possession of drugs should not be within a 300-meter radius of schools, police departments, or correctional facilities. Opium, heroin, LSD, and other synthetic drugs were also decriminalized, it will not be considered as a crime as long as the dose does not exceed the limit established in the General Health Law.

Uruguay
Uruguay is one of few countries that never criminalized the possession of drugs for personal use. Since 1974, the law establishes no quantity limits, leaving it to the judge’s discretion to determine whether the intent was personal use.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
14..You can use up all the fingers on one hand counting Cajun & co. who offer Wm. F. Buckley.

15..Well, of course a dude named drive would know where the Street Outlaws are. He's had 3 bikes confiscated already.

16..Amelie and The Da Vinci Code both work. Four put her in the land of Ooo la la.

17..Read VAUC (after my rant) and feel ashamed.

18..1972 was the 1st year that women could be officially entered. That makes her a 1st twice. Fairview & K9 at least know she likes to run.

19..Perhaps we have a paucity of L. A. area contributors. Anyway it's San Fernando.

20..SVC & VAUC put on their thinking turbans for Sikhs, about 27M worldwide.

21..Pinot begins a sixsome of you, kicking the fellow when he's down:p. Now you are reporting that he's on vacation, but now we know the Murdoch boys have canned him.

22..SVC has trouble with Polish names. That doesn't make him a prejudiced person, so don't be e-mailing him.
Zorro reports good ol' Bill has received a fair minded arid land. Say what?

23..Choose Hattie or Sydney. See if I care. But tell Pinot to get his damn raisins out of the sun.

24..Pinot & VAUC saw Herman Hesse in concert. He was only a ghost of his former self. They boogied down anyway.

25..The question came from reading a piece that Prime Minister Trudeau was leading an effort to decriminalize pot in all of Canada. The article spoke of the result putting it in a class with Uruguay. Now the research SVC presents may mean broader antecedents.
The tricky part is how these countries actually carry out these laws.
Now Portugal is a true outlier. There you can do whatever drug you want publicly. If a cop sees you snorting Asian white, he says. Far out". I report this last reluctantly, as I expect you correspondents will now get your tickets, and no one will be left to answer my questions.

So with the smoke clearing, all you missed was San Fernando.:)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom