OT: Terrance Ferguson not enrolling at Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Another Prime Prep guy

Reaction Score
During the NBA draft when so many solid (maybe not NBA) college players sat while so many foreign players got drafted I was thinking that one and done players might be better served to go play overseas, and get paid, and then declare for the draft. I think we could see many more almost NBA ready players take this route.

Reaction Score
During the NBA draft when so many solid (maybe not NBA) college players sat while so many foreign players got drafted I was thinking that one and done players might be better served to go play overseas, and get paid, and then declare for the draft. I think we could see many more almost NBA ready players take this route.

I think what makes some of the foreign players attractive to NBA teams is the fact they can stash them for multiple years in Europe without taking up cap space. For a true one and done it doesn't matter if you're in Europe or playing college ball you will get drafted in the first round.

But if you're a solid college player and willing to spend a couple years overseas then maybe it makes sense. Those guys typically take less money to play in D-League to try and make the NBA though.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
The foreign player popularity is more a function of financial flexibility for the team as opposed to talent preference like Gringo pointed out but you are rigt, it should increase in popularity. I mean, how many guys will go to UK to play for Cal before it just becomes old, like why not do something unique and be an individual.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
This isn't going to be a trend.

A kid read the tea leaves and came to the conclusion that he wasn't going to be declared eligible and he bailed.

He's not really even a one and done candidate and he's not heading into a circumstance where he would make the kind of money that Mudiay did - he's making the best of a bad situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom