OT- Temple and Penn State Schedule Home and Home | The Boneyard

OT- Temple and Penn State Schedule Home and Home

Reaction Score
When are we going to do a 2 and 1 series with Rutgers??

@Zissou, look where Villanova could have been. What a shame.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
When are we going to do a 2 and 1 series with Rutgers??

@Zissou, look where Villanova could have been. What a shame.
Rutty views Monmouth as their local non conference rival and "regional game of intrigue."

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
A lot of Rutty fans I know view CT football fans at the Rent as being... sort of abusive. Don't know where that comes from. It's not like we threw their mascot off the bleachers.

Reaction Score
PSU is playing that game at the Linc, period. It’ll be a home and home for PSU. They’ll sell out the Linc by bringing 50k fans. Their fan base is not going to north philly to play in a 35k seat stadium with no parking.

It’d be like us agreeing to play a home game at foxboro with BC. Ok, bad example.

Reaction Score
A lot of Rutty fans I know view CT football fans at the Rent as being... sort of abusive. Don't know where that comes from. It's not like we threw their mascot off the bleachers.

I know of several who called it the worst place they ever visited. Having walked with a rutty grad, his wife and my kid in to the stadium - I’ll say it was not a moment I cherished. Pathetic.

Reaction Score
PSU is playing that game at the Linc, period. It’ll be a home and home for PSU. They’ll sell out the Linc by bringing 50k fans.

Yup... 69k+ in 2015. That’s how they get a Home and “Home”.

Reaction Score
PSU is playing that game at the Linc, period. It’ll be a home and home for PSU. They’ll sell out the Linc by bringing 50k fans. Their fan base is not going to north philly to play in a 35k seat stadium with no parking.

It’d be like us agreeing to play a home game at foxboro with BC. Ok, bad example.

Note sure if Temple's on campus stadium will be done by then. The proposal has been delayed again as of April 2018. There is a lot of local opposition.

Reaction Score
Note sure if Temple's on campus stadium will be done by then. The proposal has been delayed again as of April 2018. There is a lot of local opposition.
The opposition is anti-gentrification.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I know of several who called it the worst place they ever visited. Having walked with a rutty grad, his wife and my kid in to the stadium - I’ll say it was not a moment I cherished. Pathetic.
Rutgers is a pretty bad place to visit as a UConn fan. Both sides have a lot of dorks who sap the fun for sure.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Rutgers is a pretty bad place to visit as a UConn fan. Both sides have a lot of dorks who sap the fun for sure.
FWIW, I've never had an issue either place. Definitely some good natured back and forth. You never know when you'll stumble on to a drunk idiot though.

Reaction Score
Yup... 69k+ in 2015. That’s how they get a Home and “Home”.

Outside of having a small stadium, I really don't know if the Hartford area has enough infrastructure to support quantity of fans that follow major programs on the road.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Outside of having a small stadium, I really don't know if the Hartford area has enough infrastructure to support quantity of fans that follow major programs on the road.
They will have to bring campers/RVs.

Reaction Score

And places like State College, South Bend, Iowa City, Ames, Blacksburg, Columbia, Auburn, Tuscaloosa, Starkville, have better highway and airport access, and hotel rooms than Hartford?

Reaction Score
It would open up Connecticut for tourism much more. Those hayseeds don't know what we have here.

Reaction Score

That's not what happened last time Penn State played at the Linc. Temple's a lot like UMass in that a lot of their fans pop out of the woods for a big game. If they can put together a consistently good product I bet you'd be surprised by how fast the shake the label of being a pro sports town.

Reaction Score
the Only thing right about that response is temple is a lot like UMass.

Reaction Score

This is crazy

One of the best parts of Rentschler is the infrastructure and easily accessible highway system. If you’re talking hotels and mixed use Village aspects on most University environments - ok. If you’re coming to EHartford from Orlando, I’d point you to staying at Mohegan rather than Manchester.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom