OT tech question: Cut/paste links from a PDF | The Boneyard

OT tech question: Cut/paste links from a PDF

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
feel free to kick this onto another forum, just figured more brains would see it here

Working on a cataloguing project that includes cutting and pasting from PDFs into a google doc. The PDF includes links (song titles w/link to song). Sometimes the links transfer over. Most of the time not.
Anyone have a fix (I'm on a mac)
Thanks in advance.

Reaction Score
feel free to kick this onto another forum, just figured more brains would see it here

Working on a cataloguing project that includes cutting and pasting from PDFs into a google doc. The PDF includes links (song titles w/link to song). Sometimes the links transfer over. Most of the time not.
Anyone have a fix (I'm on a mac)
Thanks in advance.
FWIW, I find copying text that includes hyperlinks from one App to another is inconsistent at best, Generally for me I have to edit the link text in the new App to make it a hyperlink. But as you are apparently experiencing, not always. Within the same App I don't ever recall it not working properly.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Is it not copying the address or not keeping it as a hyperlink?

Either way, you might try pasting it into a Word document. I have trouble with Word being too enthusiastic about making anything with an @ sign a hyperlink.

Reaction Score
Is it not copying the address or not keeping it as a hyperlink?

Either way, you might try pasting it into a Word document. I have trouble with Word being too enthusiastic about making anything with an @ sign a hyperlink.
I've tried the Word route and have experienced inconsistent results. Of course there are big differences between Apple Word and real world Word (j/k - long time IT guy who despises Apple for business usage while acknowledging that Apple is great for artsy stuff. For many years you couldn't do in Apple Excel stuff that I could do in PC Excel).

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
sigh thanks for the input. It's goofy - it copies the text but not the link. Just means an extra step.

Reaction Score
Since you’re on a Mac you might want to get an app called PDFPen which will convert a pdf file to other formats, including .doc. It’s been incredibly useful to me in my work.

HTH!

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
sigh thanks for the input. It's goofy - it copies the text but not the link. Just means an extra step.
Are you sure it is not copying? Copy the text and hyperlink, then see what is in the clipboard. May be a paste issue.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom