OT TAMI Show | The Boneyard

OT TAMI Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Ok..so I have too much time on my hands..

I just watched the TAMI show on Youtube. It was a 1964 who's who in the pop music of the time. Besides the usual suspects it contained the first real performance of James Brown to the white world. Following JB performance were the Rolling Stones. Keith Richard commented that following JB was a huge mistake. And as we all know, the Rolling Stones were never able to recover from that mistake.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I have a DVD of the Tami show...I got it due to my near life-long enjoyment of James Brown. His performance in this venue
was fascinating due to his youth. I had heard all the stories about the Stones not wanting to follow him after his stint on stage.
Truth is: while I loved his performance I thought he grew as a performer and many of his live shows that I attended were more spectactular. If you are a fan, you might check out a 3 DVD set titled something like 'The night James Brown saved Boston".
It's a fascinating look at his performance at the Boston Garden right after Martin Luther King was killed.

He 'saved' Boston in that the show was broadcast live on TV and many folks just stayed home to watch it and potential trouble in the streets was largely avoided....unlike in many other cities.

The hardest working man in show business....RIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom
Top Bottom