OT: Talk Radio iPhone apps | The Boneyard

OT: Talk Radio iPhone apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I walk and hour a day, and I'm bored with listening to music. Any suggestions for an iPhone talk radio app/channel?

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
You can use your podcast app on iPhone to get podcasts. "This American life", "Ted radio hour", Serial, "Here's the thing" with Alec Baldwin, the Moth, are some I listen to.

Another thing you might try are audiobooks. I can download audiobooks for free with my public library card. There are very talented narrators like Scott Brick that make listening to books a totally different experience than the way it was done originally.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
How do I access the podcast ?

On your iphone, find the podcast icon. tap it. on the bottom is a search option, but go to "top charts" and you will find the most popular podcasts including Serial and others I mentioned above.

Select the one you want to look into and then a screen will come up with a "subscribe" link. tap it. The ones you subscribe to will show up on the "My podcasts" button on the bottom left of the screen.

When you try one and don't want to continue, swipe it to the left and a delete option appears. tap it. There are a whole lot of these podcasts and the search is the best way to find specific areas of interest.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Yes, lot of good podcasts out there. In addition to the ones mentioned, I also enjoy "StarTalk" with Neil deGrasse Tyson.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I prefer podcasts as well, but TuneIn is a good radio app.

It'll have most of the local and national talk radio shows, etc.

Reaction Score
I prefer podcasts as well, but TuneIn is a good radio app. It'll have most of the local and national talk radio shows, etc.
CarTalk ... Click and Clack sponsored by Dewey, Cheatham & Howe. TuneIn has several months recordings of weekly programs. TuneIn's also great for some international perspectives, news, talk, comedy, sports talk/games, etc.

Reaction Score
I'm in the middle of a podcast called Serial. It's very good.

Serial was great if it hasn't been spoiled for you already. Was such a big phenomenon - most listened to podcast of all time. Definitely recommend it though. Only problem is most of the episodes are like 30-40 minutes and theres only 12 so you'll rip through them in under a week and since theres no Serial 2 yet youll be scrambling for new podcasts by next week.

Reaction Score
I like Jake & Amir: If I Were You for a lighthearted, comedy advice column podcast.

Gilbert Gottfried's Amazing Colossal Podcast is also good.

Reaction Score
I second most of these & add Radiolab. That & This Amer Life are consistently good. Listened to a podcast called "How'd that get made" which was more banter which was entertaining - where they make fun if movies. It's made by my a by my friends Ravi & Andre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom