OT Tacko Fall Set To Sue NCAA Over Ineligibility | The Boneyard

OT Tacko Fall Set To Sue NCAA Over Ineligibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ridiculous. The NCAA is such a corrupt organization and then they play G-d with regard to student eligibility.

I saw Tacko play live once at an EYBL tourney in Dallas (he's huge) and then read a few articles about him. The kid is really smart and seems like a great young man. It's a shame if he remains ineligible, but as a lawyer, I can attest to the power of a lawsuit. i'm willing to be that if he files suit he will be reinstated pretty quickly. Too bad it has to come to that.

Reaction Score
My main problem with all of these rulings is there is no time table. They take as long as they want to make a ruling and the kids who are sometimes innocent suffer on the sidelines for something they shouldn't be punished for. They need to make the kids eligible and then take it away when they make their ruling later on. If its THAT important to know before they start playing regular season games, then make these cases your priorities and make rulings before the season starts. Its just frustrating that they need to wait until December or January to make a ruling often times granting eligibility. You cant go back and in time and give the kids what you took away from them.

Reaction Score
Such bs.

Skal Labissiere is eligible to play, but this kid is not? I'm not hating on Skal either, I think he should be eligible, but the NCAA is showing a double standard here.

Shame these kids go through so much just to get here from Haiti or Senegal and then they have to put up with NCAA bureaucracy.

Reaction Score
Such bs.

Skal Labissiere is eligible to play, but this kid is not? I'm not hating on Skal either, I think he should be eligible, but the NCAA is showing a double standard here.

Shame these kids go through so much just to get here from Haiti or Senegal and then they have to put up with NCAA bureaucracy.
I don't feel at all bad for this kid. He could have chosen to go to UNC, majored in Black Studies and not engineering, and he'd be starting tomorrow. Who is leading these poor kids? Someone has to point them in the right direction. Why would anyone that might be a first round pick choose to be an engineering major at UCF rather than take a fake class at UNC? We better investigate. Something is surely not right.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I don't feel at all bad for this kid. He could have chosen to go to UNC, majored in Black Studies and not engineering, and he'd be starting tomorrow. Who is leading these poor kids? Someone has to point them in the right direction. Why would anyone that might be a first round pick choose to be an engineering major at UCF rather than take a fake class at UNC? We better investigate. Something is surely not right.

Sigh. The kid cares more about academics than basketball - he's said so multiple times in interviews. He's completely different from many of the other kids in his situation in that he is quite literally using basketball to get an education. Tacko Fall cares less about making it to the NBA than pretty much any other Top 100-ranked 7-footer. And you know what? Good for him.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Here's the rub - people keep sending prospects to these half-assed prep schools and then acting surprised when the NCAA pumps the brakes.

Fall bounced all over creation when he first got to the United States and then he was sent to live with a PR rep for an iffy school that just became a preparatory school in the past two years and offers virtual classes and something called the Bob Jones Curriculum. (The PR rep comes in handy when it comes to making sure 3.6 GPAs find a way into every write-up. ) And then he commits to screwball Donnie Jones.

I don't know if the kid earned a legit 3.6 in legit coursework and neither does anyone else who is screaming that this is the exception to the rule....but there's enough of the same old smoke here to make me think the NCAA is doing its job.

Reaction Score
I actually know Tacko/family a bit (casual, not close friends or anything) and he is brilliant. Not your typical jock. He was sent over to people attempting to profit from him but things fell through multiple times. He has no family here except a younger brother and the "PR rep" took him in and became his first "family" in years. PR rep is reason he finally stopped growing, got him some medical attention or would have kept on going.

They (that family) are the reason he stayed local and committed to UCF, they were the first people that cared about him. The people attempting to profit from him have actually made some serious threats to Tacko/PR rep outside realm of bball.

Re: school - It's a Christian school, I don't know much about it as I don't live in Orlando. Christian/Catholic/Charter schools pop up everywhere down here because most public schools are failing and some common core math thing that 2+2 doesn't equal 4 down here has many educated parents looking for alternatives.

I agree with sentiment if the kid picked Kentucky or UNC he'd be fine. Kid wants to be Steve Jobs not Shaq.

The bad guys here are the handlers from Africa/current ACC assistant coach trying to sell Tacko for biggest $ to several schools in the South, not Tacko/PR rep. I'm sure the story will come out about the threats and the $ offered by certain SEC schools, an ACC school and a former rival in the Big East that very much surprised me.

Reaction Score
Great take from SVP:

Other than Stanford Steve, who brings zero to the table, I like SVP's show a lot. If it's really the case that this kid has already declared an engineering major and is currently getting As and Bs in chemistry and engineering classes at UCF while this saga looks particularly ridiculous.

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

lol black studies?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Here's the rub - people keep sending prospects to these half-assed prep schools and then acting surprised when the NCAA pumps the brakes.

Fall bounced all over creation when he first got to the United States and then he was sent to live with a PR rep for an iffy school that just became a preparatory school in the past two years and offers virtual classes and something called the Bob Jones Curriculum. (The PR rep comes in handy when it comes to making sure 3.6 GPAs find a way into every write-up. ) And then he commits to screwball Donnie Jones.

I don't know if the kid earned a legit 3.6 in legit coursework and neither does anyone else who is screaming that this is the exception to the rule....but there's enough of the same old smoke here to make me think the NCAA is doing its job.

Yet, these kids coming from overseas have no idea when they get here. How do they know who to select as their 'mentor' or 'guardian'? Most of these dudes just prey on these kids, who usually end up the worse for it. That's where things fail. But yeah, the NCAA might be doing it's job here. I've no idea.

As an aside, these guardians are idiots by continuously this eligibility thing up. Not how you'd expect to treat your potential meal ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom