OT: Syracuse Loses 2015 Recruit | The Boneyard

OT: Syracuse Loses 2015 Recruit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Possibly relevant as UConn could play them this year. They are now down to 9 scholarship players for this season.

Reaction Score
I think this has been rumored for the past few weeks. Lots of red tape here. Too bad. He seemed a like very good player, a blue collar guy. Too many Q's about his transcripts coming from Senegal. The NCAA is all over the place on foreign players. Unfortunately, many of these kids coming over here to play basketball & get an education get screwed by the NCAA, when they are just looking for a chance to better their lives. It's a fine line, not many of them know that very fine line from where they come from. I'm just happy Brimah & Facey didn't fall into the same fate, but you never really know.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Laurie Fine: "Hey! I'm no wham-bam-thank you-ma'am, ya know!!!!! Hey!!!!!"

"Come back!!!!"

"Moose?"

Reaction Score
I think this has been rumored for the past few weeks. Lots of red tape here. Too bad. He seemed a like very good player, a blue collar guy. Too many Q's about his transcripts coming from Senegal. The NCAA is all over the place on foreign players. Unfortunately, many of these kids coming over here to play basketball & get an education get screwed by the NCAA, when they are just looking for a chance to better their lives. It's a fine line, not many of them know that very fine line from where they come from. I'm just happy Brimah & Facey didn't fall into the same fate, but you never really know.

Syracuse is also walking a fine line.

Reaction Score
Chances that Charlotte knocks them off in the first round of the Battle 4 Atlantis? As much as I'd love to see the Huskies destroy the fruit, I think it would be even funnier to see them get beat by the worst team in that field

Reaction Score
Looks like they're thinking outside the box to avoid dealing with the scholarship reductions.
It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it pays off for 'em

"The loss of Diagne does mean that Syracuse can begin serving the NCAA's penalty that reduced the number of scholarships by three a year for a four-year period. Syracuse was set to delay the start of the penalty until the 2016-17 season."

Reaction Score
So is there a chance that this kid wasn't as good as they hoped when they saw him play this summer so they basically pushed him into doing this so they could start serving their sentence? Seems like they're hell bent on being as crafty with putting their problems behind them as they can be, and for some reason they're actually being successful in doing this unlike us.

When we petitioned to have our ban lifted since we had turned the APR around, though the score was anchored still too low, I thought they should have given it to us. I don't want to drudge it all back up, I just mean to say that though we were doing all we could too, our ban was much more unfair and there was legitimate reason to lift it. We weren't revealed to have been fudging grades for a decade...

Reaction Score
Celebrating the demise of our program through our APR difficulties directly lead to the Basketball Gods blessing us with NC #4. Hesitant to return the favor.
Comparing apples to oranges(pun intended). We earned our 4th title in large part to upper classmen and a coaching staff who remained LOYAL to the program. The title was a result of that loyalty and bond. Name one person from that team in the middle of no where, including the coach in waiting who few others want, who has had an impact on the court and has remained loyal. Ummmm, you can't. In other words, Syracuse will be digging out of this hole for a very long time.

Reaction Score
So is there a chance that this kid wasn't as good as they hoped when they saw him play this summer so they basically pushed him into doing this so they could start serving their sentence? Seems like they're hell bent on being as crafty with putting their problems behind them as they can be, and for some reason they're actually being successful in doing this unlike us.

When we petitioned to have our ban lifted since we had turned the APR around, though the score was anchored still too low, I thought they should have given it to us. I don't want to drudge it all back up, I just mean to say that though we were doing all we could too, our ban was much more unfair and there was legitimate reason to lift it. We weren't revealed to have been fudging grades for a decade...
I don't think so - they really have nothing at the 5 spot now that Diagne is gone. Reading their board, they really have no faith in Dajuan Coleman, a RS junior who has been injured for most of his career, and Chinonso Obokoh, a sophomore coming off a .8 ppg 1.6 rpg season. And Diagne is a composite 4* top 70 player. With their scholarship restrictions, they aren't in the position to be turning away players like him.

Reaction Score
I would like to spank them in that pre season tourney, by a lot. michigan blue first though

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
So is there a chance that this kid wasn't as good as they hoped when they saw him play this summer so they basically pushed him into doing this so they could start serving their sentence?

No - he simply was not going to get into school.

They've known about it for months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky