OT: Sweet Tooth Alert | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Sweet Tooth Alert

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Finally made it to Krispy Kreme this morning.........

Made it home.... took a bite ....... my knees started to buckle a bit... then....

dancing.gif

all through the kitchen and into the living room....

Ive eaten my fair share of donuts in the past 38 years or so.... maybe longer...... but this new creation is hands down the single best donut Ive ever tasted.

A few things..... they are available at selected locations...... I saw on twitter that they dont sell them in Wichita..... I've read they sold out of them at certain locations.... so you might wanna get there early in the day...... and they run $1.69 per donut..... but KK is running a special.. you get three assorted for 3.59 or so.... so it makes sense to get 3. :D

And some say us outsiders dont contribute anything to the forum :p:D:cool:;):)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
A few more things.

One little trick to even make them better.... on your way home...... either leave the air conditioning off in your car.... or place the donuts on the dashboard....this will melt the peanut butter and chocolate icing a bit :)

I wouldnt advise eating them in the car...... wouldn't want any of yall to run off the road or hit another car or pedestrian while enjoying the immense flavor this donut possesses.

I hadnt been in a KK in a few years.... I was unaware of the other offerings they had since my last visit....

From the KK site...... The NY Cheesecake Donut...Our version of this popular dessert is filled with rich, creamy cheesecake filling, topped with cream cheese icing and sprinkled with crunchy graham. and the Birthday Cake Donut ... The yeasty snack is packed with a mixture of gooey yellow cake batter and the store's trademark white creme filling, and capped with a yellow icing chapeau decked out with confetti sprinkles.

I tried both

And they are both wonderful, wonderful, wonderful

tenor.gif

Reaction Score
A few more things.

One little trick to even make them better.... on your way home. either leave the air conditioning off in your car.... or place the donuts on the dashboard....this will melt the peanut butter and chocolate icing a bit :)

I wouldnt advise eating them in the car. wouldn't want any of yall to run off the road or hit another car or pedestrian while enjoying the immense flavor this donut possesses.

I hadnt been in a KK in a few years.... I was unaware of the other offerings they had since my last visit....

From the KK site. The NY Cheesecake Donut...Our version of this popular dessert is filled with rich, creamy cheesecake filling, topped with cream cheese icing and sprinkled with crunchy graham. and the Birthday Cake Donut ... The yeasty snack is packed with a mixture of gooey yellow cake batter and the store's trademark white creme filling, and capped with a yellow icing chapeau decked out with confetti sprinkles.

I tried both

And they are both wonderful, wonderful, wonderful

View attachment 23988

LOL...:D:D:D

I'm about to go out for some fresh garlic for our planned pasta/shrimp dinner dish. It so happens we need dessert. Few non KK aficionados would understand that these donuts might just do the trick. If they have 'em I'll get a few, preferably the peanut thingy. (My wife will be the real test...)

DD has nothing like this...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
LOL...:D:D:D

I'm about to go out for some fresh garlic for our planned pasta/shrimp dinner dish. It so happens we need dessert. Few non KK aficionados would understand that these donuts might just do the trick. If they have 'em I'll get a few, preferably the peanut thingy. (My wife will be the real test...)

DD has nothing like this...

Honestly... there is no need for me to EVER step foot inside a Dunkin Donuts again (except to get a sandwich)....... I should just go ahead and toss my coupon for donuts away. I dont drink coffee.... so the quality of KK coffee vs DD coffee doesnt mean anything to me.

Reaction Score
Head bang

Sad ending...the smiling, perky teenager at the local KK dispensary proudly informed me they "are a peanut free business" as my enthusiasm wilted as quickly as seeing a last second 3 point dagger by Itty Bitty.

I asked her if I had to drive to North Carolina to get one. She looked at me quizzically at best.

I then (literally) saluted the PC appropriateness of the young lady and her bosses then turned and ambled out, head down into the gathering darkness. :(

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Head bang

Sad ending...the smiling, perky teenager at the local KK dispensary proudly informed me they "are a peanut free business" as my enthusiasm wilted as quickly as seeing a last second 3 point dagger by Itty Bitty.

I asked her if I had to drive to North Carolina to get one. She looked at me quizzically at best.

I then (literally) saluted the PC appropriateness of the young lady and her bosses then turned and ambled out, head down into the gathering darkness. :(

That stinks. :(

Gotta admit, you're a better person than I. I would have been like

Gkr542V.gif

Reaction Score
Creme tangerine and montelimart
A ginger sling with a pineapple heart
A coffee dessert, yes, you know it's good news
But you'll have to have them all pulled out
After the Savoy truffle

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
That stinks. :(

Gotta admit, you're a better person than I. I would have been like

Gkr542V.gif
You know, I've praised some others for their avatar's. It's about time I praised you in you choices. This one just warms my woman loving heart as much as any.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Finally made it to Krispy Kreme this morning....

Made it home.... took a bite .. my knees started to buckle a bit... then....

View attachment 23986

all through the kitchen and into the living room....

Ive eaten my fair share of donuts in the past 38 years or so.... maybe longer. but this new creation is hands down the single best donut Ive ever tasted.

A few things..... they are available at selected locations. I saw on twitter that they dont sell them in Wichita..... I've read they sold out of them at certain locations.... so you might wanna get there early in the day. and they run $1.69 per donut..... but KK is running a special.. you get three assorted for 3.59 or so.... so it makes sense to get 3. :D

And some say us outsiders dont contribute anything to the forum :p:D:cool:;):)

Ahhhhh, the old "happy dance". I know it well. You've convinced me to patronize my local KK, and try one of these. Normally I don't like or consume KK donuts. They're a little too sweet for me. But curiosity has got the best of me. I'll try one today.

Reaction Score
Ahhhhh, the old "happy dance". I know it well. You've convinced me to patronize my local KK, and try one of these. Normally I don't like or consume KK donuts. They're a little too sweet for me. But curiosity has got the best of me. I'll try one today.

I hope your local vendor isn't among the anti-nut alliance.

I agree KKs are generally very sweet, which is why we don't get them frequently, but as a 'special treat' ... usually with coffee. Note the title of this thread.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The things one does for a Reese's Donut :confused:

Went to Krispy Kreme tonight around 9:17..... noticed there was a long line..... said... it would be worth it to get a couple of these tasty treats. But as I scanned the front counter.... I noticed a empty area where the Reeses would be.... Head bang Instead of waiting and settling on something else.... i left the store... and drove across town to the other KK Store... and they had plenty left. Talking with the worker.... he said that usually they run out by around 730pm.... but for some reason they had plenty left today. He also told me that they should be available for awhile.... several months I presume :):):):):):)

You know, I've praised some others for their avatar's. It's about time I praised you in you choices. This one just warms my woman loving heart as much as any.

:cool:

Reaction Score
The things one does for a Reese's Donut :confused:

Went to Krispy Kreme tonight around 9:17..... noticed there was a long line..... said... it would be worth it to get a couple of these tasty treats. But as I scanned the front counter.... I noticed a empty area where the Reeses would be.... Head bang Instead of waiting and settling on something else.... i left the store... and drove across town to the other KK Store... and they had plenty left. Talking with the worker.... he said that usually they run out by around 730pm.... but for some reason they had plenty left today. He also told me that they should be available for awhile.... several months I presume :):):):):):)

:cool:
You keep buyin' 'em, they'll keep makin' 'em.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom