OT: Swanigan decommits from MSU | The Boneyard

OT: Swanigan decommits from MSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Per Goodman, hearing Purdue (???) or Cal is the likely landing spot. What the hell is Martin doing at Berkeley? Do we have another future (or even current) Calipari on our hands?

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Not every good recruiter cheats.

Just like not every media member or the NCAA is "out to get us"
When did I say hes cheating? I meant that hes showing to be a powerhouse recruiter who hasnt really had the coaching skills or winning success to be able to justify pulling in these big names, much like early Calipari at UMass or Memphis.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at Cal. Rabb, Brown and Swanigan were talking a package deal a while back.

That would be a ridiculous front line next year if they get him.

Reaction Score
Per Goodman, hearing Purdue (???) or Cal is the likely landing spot. What the hell is Martin doing at Berkeley? Do we have another future (or even current) Calipari on our hands?

Probably has more to do with Rabb and Brown recruiting him to come join them since that was what the original plan was (so say the insiders). If Caleb joins them, Cal should easily have the top recruiting class.

Reaction Score
When did I say hes cheating? I meant that hes showing to be a powerhouse recruiter who hasnt really had the coaching skills or winning success to be able to justify pulling in these big names, much like early Calipari at UMass or Memphis.
Didn't Cal get caught cheating at UMass and Memphis?

Reaction Score
I meant that hes showing to be a powerhouse recruiter who hasnt really had the coaching skills or winning success to be able to justify pulling in these big names, much like early Calipari at UMass or Memphis.
You only have to be an excellent salesman, or even better, have superior closing skills. Its no different with cars, insurance, stocks/bonds, etc..

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
It is a bit curious that he was not a great recruiter at Tennessee, but now he is a world-beater?
Does it make you wonder what is different now?
Now California has a much greater academic reputation, but I doubt that is a huge draw for these players.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Sounds like Yanni may be a big part of it.
Wojo at Marquette has a similar reputation and has also been very successful.

Reaction Score
It is a bit curious that he was not a great recruiter at Tennessee, but now he is a world-beater?
Does it make you wonder what is different now?
Now California has a much greater academic reputation, but I doubt that is a huge draw for these players.
I think Rabb is the big player because he always wanted to stay close to home and drew in Brown and Swanigan

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
A shade over 2 hours from his hometown of Fort Wayne. Guess he wants to play in front of mom and dad.

Reaction Score
Swanigan to Purdue is being reported as a done deal.
I saw that. Jerry Meyer was quoting this tweet from Dakich:

But then Dakich says this immediately after:

wut.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Done and Done Deal are two totally different concepts. What idiots.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Also being an on-air employee of the largest media company in the history of mankind but not being part of the media seems to be fairly stupid.

Reaction Score
Sounds like Yanni may be a big part of it.
Wojo at Marquette has a similar reputation and has also been very successful.

This is really weird, when I was in elementary school, and maybe my first year of it (definitely first few), there was a kid whose name was on the class roster but who didn't show up. For the first week of school they'd call out for Yanni Hafnagel (how it sounded) but he never showed up. I guess the family moved out of town right before school started or they homeschooled. I don't know if this is the same person (grew up in southern CT), but I see that the age is a little off if he's 31 (I'm 33), but I think it is very weird if this missing child turns out to be a hot college recruiter now whose name I will see.

Yanni, was that you at Ridge Road Elementary? Why didn't you ever show up!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom