OT - SuperBowl Predictions | The Boneyard

OT - SuperBowl Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
As long as we're all commenting on the Tebow thread - what are you superbowl predictions?

I have Nawleans and the Patriots. I think Green Bay peeked about 5 or 6, maybe even 7 or 8 weeks ago - way too early and they will get knocked out.

As for the winner, it's going to be punchers duel with the team who scores last winning. 50-50 at this point.

Reaction Score
Packers - Ravens.

The Saints may be the hottest team, but the Packers are the most talented team in football. Green Bay and New Orleans are the two best teams in the league, but in the end the Packers just have more playmakers on defense and they'll be playing at home. They had one of the best games of the season in the league opener, the rematch should be a dandy if it occurrs. The Giants and 49ers are very good teams, but unfortunately for them, I think the Packers and Saints are just a notch above everyone else.

I think that Patriots may be the best team left in the AFC, but their secondary is god awful. I think the Ravens' defense will be able to slow the Patriots enough, and I don't trust the Patriots' defense to stop anyone. I don't really see the Texans or Broncos as threats.

Whatever the teams are, I think whoever comes from the NFC will win it all. I think that team will once again be the Green Bay Packers.

Reaction Score
The Giants are still just 20-1 odds to go all the way; I think that's the best long shot bet we have seen in the past couple of years in the Divisional Round stage. They seem to be peaking at the right time and have already played the 3 remaining NFC teams left. Even if those were all losses, just the experience helps the second time around, as we saw with the Jets last year going into New England.

The Saints have been the trendy pick the last couple of weeks, but their road postseason play has been unimpressive to say the least in the Brees years. At San Fran is going to be a dogfight Saturday, and I can't see them getting to the Super Bowl with two road games. They really need a Giants upset on Sunday to get homefield back.

Looking at the AFC, I can't even begin to figure out either matchup. I didn't like the Texans coming into the playoffs but they really took care of business this week. Pretty hilarious that TJ Yates takes over as a starter late in the season, then goes up against Andy Dalton, Joe Flacco, and potentially Tim Tebow with a trip to the Super Bowl on the line. That tells you all you need to know about the AFC this year.

When in doubt you have to throw it to the home teams next weekend if Wild Card weekend was any indication. But something about the prime time matchup and the lopsided first game makes me see the Broncos giving the Pats all they can handle, and you just never know with Baltimore.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I wouldn't be shocked to see any team from the NFC in the Super Bowl. But in my pickem, I went with Saints/Ravens, with Baltimore winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom