OT:Super Bowl Chiefs | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT:Super Bowl Chiefs

Reaction Score
Any idea who was behind gathering the Niners for that celebratory end zone photo after they went up 19-10.

Struck me as premature and a bad idea at the time.
Or Bosa taunting after that INT.

Reaction Score
Any idea who was behind gathering the Niners for that celebratory end zone photo after they went up 19-10.

I didn’t like how they conducted themselves the entire game. They were cocky and yapping a lot, then that photo you mentioned. Glad they lost. Big congrats to The Chiefs.

Reaction Score
Yeah, two coaches that got badly out coached in previous super bowls against the Pat's. I guess they both couldn't lose.

Right. Because everyone put up 31 against that SF defense this year. (FYI only the Saints and Rams did).

Reaction Score
Mahomes is much better QB- biggest difference between the QBs is that Mahomes is a legit running threat, which Garappolo isn't. The touchdown he scored when he could have pitched it to running back but kept it instead is one example, and he eluded most pressure and often would run to pick up important first downs. He threw long ball better too.
But the 49ers not covering that long pass to Hill, not just not covering him but really missing him completely, is inexcusable and really lost the game for them.

Reaction Score
I don’t know the way those 49ers gave up those two long passes How do you come up so lame on those plays. Correct me if I wrong it doesn’t pass the eye test.

Reaction Score
But the 49ers not covering that long pass to Hill, not just not covering him but really missing him completely, is inexcusable and really lost the game for them.

Hard to keep tabs on Tyreek Hill the entire game. The guy has 4.2 speed and good chemistry with Mahomes. At some point in a game, he burns you.

Reaction Score
Yeah, two coaches that got badly out coached in previous super bowls against the Pat's. I guess they both couldn't lose.

The team that lost didn’t get out coached. They got out played. That’s what fans want to see and that’s the kind of champion that is respected.

Reaction Score

I've seen this said by a bunch of people and just don't get it. Every team did it after every turnover they got all year. It's strange, but was certainly not an early celebration

Reaction Score
The team that lost didn’t get out coached. They got out played. That’s what fans want to see and that’s the kind of champion that is respected.
Shanahan has been outcoached now in 2 Super Bowls, and has is responsible for the 2 largest leads blown in a Super Bowl

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
The NFL. Every team posed in the end zone after every turnover this year.
I've seen this said by a bunch of people and just don't get it. Every team did it after every turnover they got all year. It's strange, but was certainly not an early celebration

Thanks, both, for providing helpful context.

It was the game's turning point for me by generating a late game rooting interest in this (way less than) casual fan ... as I txted below to a friend when the game ended.

"I don't watch or care about football, so I don't know if it's common, but as soon as the Niners gathered for a photo op in the end zone after their touchdown that made it 19-10, I wanted the Chiefs to come back & win just to to repudiate the [PROFANITY FILTER STUFF].

#crankyoldperson "

Reminds me of the debate here a few weeks back about Andre Jackson after posterizing an opponent.

PS - My LIVth Super Bowl, among the least watched overall (<20% of the show), and I was eager for a good game, so I liked that part. I just not a fan of NFL, Goodell, more-is-more hype & vulgarity, etc.

When the a commercial for a company (Amazon) whose largest shareholder (Bezos) owns an influential newspaper (WaPo) legitimizes the term "fake news," I've see enough.

The end zone stuff made for a good schadenfreude setup because I didn't know it was a thing. And I'm mightily impressed that KC turned double digit deficits into double digit wins three times in a row.

Reaction Score
Reid has a long resume of losing big games. I don't understand why the media tries to build up this schmuck.

Reaction Score

Maybe people just aren't watching for it or something, but it goes on in every game. I'm not sure if I care for it or not, but I figure the NFL has it out for defense, so if you make a big play, have at it.

Reaction Score
Garoppolo missed Sanders by 5 yards late in the game. Obviously, a big miss. At least Anthony Sherman got a big block and a ring. Richard Sherman is certainly not the defender that he used to be.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Exactly. The story for 3 quarters was that the 49ers were blowing through the Chief's OL like it was tissue paper, while only rushing 4 guys. That let them cover Kelce and Mahomes had no time for deep passes to develop. Chiefs had to start keeping Kelce and RB in to get it downfield.

Nothing wrong with Shanahan's coaching except being ok going in 10-10 at half. I know he had the ball coming but that was a mistake.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Maybe people just aren't watching for it or something, but it goes on in every game. I'm not sure if I care for it or not, but I figure the NFL has it out for defense, so if you make a big play, have at it.
Someone suggested to me this morning that a group photo is a way to avoid fines for individual end zone celebrations. If the NFL were to fine many players, I'd dislike that as well, so maybe it's a good thing that the players created a workaround. Then again, the defense gave up 3 touchdowns in the final 6 minutes.

Round & round we go, and fits with why NFL is no longer any priority, especially with the (4 Super Bowl) Giants being lousy and giving me back my late summer and fall afternoons to be active & outside instead.

Reaction Score
Against an all time great team qb your D needs to be great and your qb needs to match the other qb by moving the chains getting field position, because the D gets tired. There’s a reason Eli won those sb mvps and will be a HOF. When the pressure was on Jimmy G just wasn’t good enough.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Focusing on the QBs misses the reason for the final outcome. It was the adjustments made in pressuring Garoppolo and stopping the pressure on Mahomes that changed this game.

Mahomes had one of his worse games in his young career for three quarters and almost half of the fourth quarter. Even in those few plays when he wasn't under pressure his passing was poor. The exact opposite was the case for Garoppolo. He was an easy pick for MVP had the 49ers won. Through three plus quarters Mahomes had a passer rating of 49.2.

Reaction Score
He's not winning father of the year either.
You’re a miserable piece of work. Players, coaches, media members have all said how unanimously loved Andy Reid is. Nobody has a bad word to say about the guy other than you. Maybe his son was just a piece of chit that even good parenting couldn’t help. His other son had his drug issues too but turned his life around.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom