OT Summer League | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT Summer League

Reaction Score
Barrett is reinforcing all my concerns so far. He can't shoot, doesn't go right, isn't at all explosive, and is a black hole on offense. Hope I'm wrong but he has bust written all over him.

Reaction Score
Barrett is reinforcing all my concerns so far. He can't shoot, doesn't go right, isn't at all explosive, and is a black hole on offense. Hope I'm wrong but he has bust written all over him.

We're going to have to be patient. His vision is absolutely terrible right now. He had Mitch wide open for a lob last night but didn't see him; instead threw up a bad shot and got called for a charge. The staff has their work cut out for them.

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score
Jalen gameday at 9:30 vs the Bulls. He’s definitely gonna get a jump in minutes so tune in. Should be starting imo.

Reaction Score
Amida is still the exact same player from his sophomore year lol. No hands, can't stay on his feet, doesn't rebound well in traffic, still an elite shot blocker. Drawing a lot of fouls just by flailing tonight though.

Yet somehow has 14 and 8?? Maybe he had a better first half

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Please say it ain't so. You're right though. Kid needs to relax and just play. Commentators were kind to say he seemed more relaxed game two than one. They spoke too soon. It was another forced stinker. What I hope for is a playmaker at this point, ala Ben Simmons. He will have to work all of next summer to improve those areas of deficiency pointed out by superjohn. It will take two full years before anyone can know whether he has the makings of being reliable scorer and playmaker.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Barrett looked like the player he is--right now, anyway--last night. Nothing surprised me about his performance. He's a project, which I said was one of my biggest red flags for him: you shouldn't be a project at this point in your career when you've had all the developmental advantages he had growing up.

He can't shoot, his tunnel vision is a problem and he struggles getting to the rim and finishing around guys his size or bigger. One of the biggest misnomers all college season was that he's a great finisher. He's not. He throws up some wild prayers with regularity. He's going to get a lot of his points on cuts and hustle plays as a rookie. I don't think the Knicks used him as the PnR ball handler a single time in the first half; they at least gave him a few chances in the second half.
Wonder what his Dad thought so far? Steve Nash and the entire Canadian Jr. and National team contingency, particularly his skill coaches? Maybe he's refused recommendations to diversify his game a bit given that he's not bouncy.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
My point was you judge Barrett on one game.
I’m judging these two Celtics on an entire year’s work.
It is similar to Giannis. Most analysts never expected him to become what he has accomplished so far. Too early to judge RJ. But if you want to laff at the Knicks go ahead.
Seems like the Lakers and the Lnicks aren’t what they use to be.
Not in my estimation. In his first year, Giannis stride, length, quickness, and ball-handling ability all stood out to me as unique.

Reaction Score
Please say it ain't so. You're right though. Kid needs to relax and just play. Commentators were kind to say he seemed more relaxed game two than one. They spoke too soon. It was another forced stinker. What I hope for is a playmaker at this point, ala Ben Simmons. He will have to work all of next summer to improve those areas of deficiency pointed out by superjohn. It will take two full years before anyone can know whether he has the makings of being reliable scorer and playmaker.
You could always see the playmaking ability with Simmons right away, I've never seen it from Barrett. He had big #'s at Duke albeit a bad usage rate so he has some ability but I legit don't know what he's good at.

Reaction Score
Not in my estimation. In his first year, Giannis stride, length, quickness, and ball-handling ability all stood out to me as unique.

Yes. And he came in and everyone knew he was a high ceiling/low floor type. Barrett was supposed to be a relatively skilled high floor/lower ceiling guy because of his lack of elite athleticism. If I'm a knicks fan, I'm starting to be concerned.

Reaction Score
Yes. And he came in and everyone knew he was a high ceiling/low floor type. Barrett was supposed to be a relatively skilled high floor/lower ceiling guy because of his lack of elite athleticism. If I'm a knicks fan, I'm starting to be concerned.
No, you're about 2 years early on the worrying

Reaction Score
Didn’t see it mentioned, but Tremont Waters signed a two way contract with the Celtics!

I know many of you guys don’t like him since he didn’t come to UConn but I’m still rooting for him as a CT kid. I’m excited to see what he can do at the next level on my favorite team!

Reaction Score
grayson allen probably just got suspended on espn2

What's the review policy on nut kicks?

I'd be embarrassed to have this clown on my team. How many times has he pulled this stuff?

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
What's the review policy on nut kicks?

I'd be embarrassed to have this clown on my team. How many times has he pulled this stuff?

He finished with three points on 1-of-8 shooting, including 1-of-6 from three-point range. He recorded a minus-28 plus-minus in 19 minutes of action. I can't imagine he lasts long...

Reaction Score
He finished with three points on 1-of-8 shooting, including 1-of-6 from three-point range. He recorded a minus-28 plus-minus in 19 minutes of action. I can't imagine he lasts long...
He was essentially the biggest part of the Mike Conley just trade a week ago. Dude is a sociopath. Would be shocked if he plays in the NBA beyond this season.

Reaction Score
So Barrett had a real good game the other day. Suddenly no negative remarks. Evidently either Knick or Duke haters. Let the kid play. All of 19 years old. Some are still lavishing high praise on Brimah and J.Adams and they have been around quite awhile. I would love to see all UConn players make it, but slamming Barrett after two games is a joke.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
So Barrett had a real good game the other day. Suddenly no negative remarks.
He's still behind Kevin Knox in his development. At this stage last year Knox was being touted as the steal of the draft.

Reaction Score
So Barrett had a real good game the other day. Suddenly no negative remarks. Evidently either Knick or Duke haters. Let the kid play. All of 19 years old. Some are still lavishing high praise on Brimah and J.Adams and they have been around quite awhile. I would love to see all UConn players make it, but slamming Barrett after two games is a joke.
Barrett's game is highly flawed.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

He and Markele Fultz were the two “consensus” top 3 picks in the last two years that I didn’t understand. I swear some of these kids are picked based on their HS recruiting reputation. I’m sure he will be at least decent.

Reaction Score
He and Markele Fultz were the two “consensus” top 3 picks in the last two years that I didn’t understand. I swear some of these kids are picked based on their HS recruiting reputation. I’m sure he will be at least decent.
Too funny...

Reaction Score
He set the record for points by a freshman in the ACC, think he'll be fine
Definitely needs to work on his passing though or some vets are going to give him an earful

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom