OT: Stunned there's no talk of Kemba to the Celtics. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Stunned there's no talk of Kemba to the Celtics.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Here's a team without a PG. They have $35m in cap room now.

They need a leader, because they have just one left, Marcus Smart.

And they probably only need one piece after Kemba to be a contender.

What am I missing?
Where is Smart going exactly?

Reaction Score
I think the fit/timeline would be pretty good. Boston's core isn't actually that young anymore (Tatum will be 3rd year, Brown 4th, Smart 6th, Hayward 10th), but they do lack leadership and a scoring guard. Well and a big unless Time Lord can take a big step forward.

Kinda bizarre they traded Baynes right after Horford declined his option. Guess they decided cap space was more important than having any startable bigs.

Reaction Score
The Celtics are retooling around their young core, so giving Kemba doesn’t 4-5 years doesn’t make much sense. I also don’t think Boston is a contender with Kemba, and I’d rather see him go somewhere with more of a chance to contend.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
I think the fit/timeline would be pretty good. Boston's core isn't actually that young anymore (Tatum will be 3rd year, Brown 4th, Smart 6th, Hayward 10th), but they do lack leadership and a scoring guard. Well and a big unless Time Lord can take a big step forward.

Kinda bizarre they traded Baynes right after Horford declined his option. Guess they decided cap space was more important than having any startable bigs.

Pretty sure they are clearing that cap space for a big.

Or, DA will just add more wings.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
d'angelo russell! former lakers #2 pic turned brooklyn fringe all-star. he is young and good.

No way do they pay him the max when they have Brown and Tatum coming up. They need a big man and a point guard if they don't sign Rozier

Reaction Score
Gordon Hayward just went there and you had Al Horford, Rasheed Wallace and Shaq in the past. I mean what city is a destination place besides the LA Lakers?

Let me clarify, Top free agents who aren't 6 years beyond their prime (especially if they are Black) don't sign in Boston.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
No way do they pay him the max when they have Brown and Tatum coming up. They need a big man and a point guard if they don't sign Rozier

You understand that Russell is a better player and if brad can get Kyrie to play defense he can help Russell on that front too.

Reaction Score
I like Kemba's loyalty but let's be real NBA organizations have no loyalty now a days.

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
Here's a team without a PG. They have $35m in cap room now.

They need a leader, because they have just one left, Marcus Smart.

And they probably only need one piece after Kemba to be a contender.

What am I missing?
I’ve been singing from that hymnal for months. Nobody’s listening to me.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
That would be a dream come true, and anything is possible with all the player movement in the NBA right now.

Kemba could leave Charlotte, if he wants to win

Reaction Score
I ran into Erik at the Car Wash and told him to tell his dad. That's why all this is happening. CONFIRMED.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Bringing Kemba back into the region would obviously be great for us. More time on campus, more exposure to northeast kids, the Kemba returning to the northeast hype.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom