OT Streaker who ran onto the court in game 4 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT Streaker who ran onto the court in game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
no, I just love a good slide tackle
I agree, he should never be allowed to another sporting event and should be arrested, we have too much crap going on in this country right now for these practical jokes....

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Of course not. When you a born and bred, dyed-in-the-wool member of the group of people who want to control everything and are willing to eliminate liberty in pursuit of that goal, world war is destructive. Targeted, limited war against uncooperative nation states, on the other hand, is very useful to that end.
She would eat a live baby to be president.

I take it you are some sort of libertarian. That's about all the meaning I can pull from that world salad.

Your point that there is no discernible difference between Trump and Clinton was ridiculous. The notion that both are hawks doesn't disprove that to any extent. Republicans and Democrats -- and Trump and Clinton -- want to exert control in some ways and grant freedoms in others in very, very different ways.

Reaction Score
Your point that there is no discernible difference between Trump and Clinton was ridiculous.
Not my point. But to address that - there are very discernible differences between the two, to be sure, but there is no difference in the amount of danger each poses to individual liberty in this country, which is what I care about most. Either one is completely qualified to drive the bus off the cliff, so I won't quibble with your choice of driver, but I will object to the direction of the bus, if you don't mind.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Not my point. But to address that - there are very discernible differences between the two, to be sure, but there is no difference in the amount of danger each poses to individual liberty in this country, which is what I care about most. Either one is completely qualified to drive the bus off the cliff, so I won't quibble with your choice of driver, but I will object to the direction of the bus, if you don't mind.

I take your point. I think we know what we'd get with Clinton, for better or worse, and I think the Republic would be left standing 4 years later. (Using your analogy, if the bus hasn't been driven off the cliff by Obama, then it's not likely to by Clinton.)

Trump is more of a wildcard, to say the least. I wasn't the only one to think of it, but Martin Sheen's character in The Dead Pool came to my mind pretty soon into Trump's candidacy. The last guy you want with the nuclear codes. So I guess I have a problem saying Clinton is driving in the same direction as the guy who said the US should default on its debt.

Is Gary Johnson your guy? It's easy to say "both candidates stink" but at some point you have to pick a side, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom