OT: Stock trading | Page 103 | The Boneyard

OT: Stock trading

Reaction Score
Stocks are being treated like collectors items now. The value of some of these stocks has nothing to do with the fundamentals or the balance sheets or the company worth. Just like Beanie Babies, Cabbage Patch Dolls, Pokemon cards, etc. - it's a current trend. Beanie Babies are essentially yarn and fabric. Pokemon cards are cardboard. However, just like GME stock, if all of a sudden tons of people want them, they become valuable. IMO, its the same principle. Things are essentially worth whatever people are willing to pay for them, and stocks are no different. Am I wrong here?
Check out rational market hypothesis.
Stocks aren’t overvalued or undervalued. They are valued perfectly. There is no beating the market the market is efficient. There is only getting lucky with the timing or getting in or out based on where you believe the company is going.

What is something worth? What someone is willing to pay for it. It is just paper.

gamestop is worth exactly what it should be because there are buyers at the price it is at. Is it driven by fundamentals? No. But it can’t be overvalued if people can’t acquire the needed shares. WsB did this brilliantly. They essentially took shares off the market.

The Big Hold is the next book.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
t

the fear is that the squeeze starts happening while your funds are in limbo and you can't sell them.

people will be left holding the bag and if you can't move your money then you're screwed
True. I am not worried about the "RH-Reddit stocks though." I am completely out of them. Whatever I own now is much, much less volatile, and are long-term plays that I intend to hold. Temporarily not being able to sell is not going to be an issue for me.

Reaction Score
Hi everyone Ive been following the silver market for over 25 years now. In short purchasing en masse (via massive public and private purchases) of silver is required to then cause dealers and wholesalers to hedge their positions on the COMEX markets, thus causing price increases. As we know human psychology is to BUY BUY BUY as we a commodity/equity going up in price. If enough momentum is gained at the beginning then silver should see 35/ounce in no time and while this will fluctuate wildly, ppl will buy the dips hard and this will go to the moon. If not looking at CPI but rather shadowstats inflation data, 1980s silver of 55/ounce would equate to ~ 1000.00/ounce now. Zerohedge article is on point. Will it ever reach fair market value. No, because in short JPM has over a billion ounces of physical amassed during its constant shorting, that they will dump the market will silver eventually to crash the price. Will silver reach 100?? Probably , 250??? Maybe, 1000?? I wouldnt bet my life on it. If anyone has questions let me know.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Hi everyone Ive been following the silver market for over 25 years now. In short purchasing en masse (via massive public and private purchases) of silver is required to then cause dealers and wholesalers to hedge their positions on the COMEX markets, thus causing price increases. As we know human psychology is to BUY BUY BUY as we a commodity/equity going up in price. If enough momentum is gained at the beginning then silver should see 35/ounce in no time and while this will fluctuate wildly, ppl will buy the dips hard and this will go to the moon. If not looking at CPI but rather shadowstats inflation data, 1980s silver of 55/ounce would equate to ~ 1000.00/ounce now. Zerohedge article is on point. Will it ever reach fair market value. No, because in short JPM has over a billion ounces of physical amassed during its constant shorting, that they will dump the market will silver eventually to crash the price. Will silver reach 100?? Probably , 250??? Maybe, 1000?? I wouldnt bet my life on it. If anyone has questions let me know.
Yup on JP Morgan manipulating the price of silver and gold. I heard that on a podcast a few months ago. I’ll to find the podcast.

how long until $ SLV starts to run/rise? Is $ SLV the one we should be focusing on?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Buy Physical Silver. Period.

Even if it reaches a $1000, my guess is that's the buy price. What % of the spot price would a person selling physical silver actually get?

Reaction Score
'I've been collecting Morgan silver dollar since I was a kid. Other than my Carson City dollars, most are now worth more in silver than as collectible coins.
I collected those in my youth as well as silver coins in general which you would occasionally get in change. Sold it all in 1985 when we purchased our first home. I missed the peak when the Hunt brothers pushed the price to $55. I believe it was in the 20s when I sold.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Silver? Is this in preparation for a market collapse soon?

I wonder if my 401k allows that purchase.

Reaction Score
CYDY - possible pending corporate action, could be potential Nasdaq listing. Or, unblinding of US FDA Phase 3 trial results for Leronlimab (Vyrologix brand) severe to critical COVID19 patient treatment.

If the US eventually gives Vyrologix emergency authorization (EUA), it will potentially be huge for S/C patients, then maybe SARS2 long haulers. Maybe even other viruses and diseases. After GME and guilt at receiving an unnecessary stimulus credit prompted buying a month’s groceries for several families, CYDY may save lives and help feed more struggling families. Hope so as a vaccine complement to limit COVID’s societal impacts, and to possibly help enable normal-er lifestyles.

Reaction Score
I bought a tiny bit back in March and April when it was $16! They guy goes the days of cheap silver is gone. I would love to add more at some point
So, you think JP and other massive silver holders wouldn’t mind a big time price spike nor a subsequent massive sell off? ;)

Reaction Score

I have a question. Are you sure JPM has constantly shorted silver while somehow simultaneously amassing billions of ounces?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Buy Physical Silver. Period.
But you can’t buy it in any meaningful quantity right now. Want to buy 10k not a big deal but looking for 50 k - 200 k nearly impossible at this point.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Yeah the hedge funds are trying to get people to buy other stocks, in this case silver. Don’t buy it.

The longer people hold and buy AMC and GME the harder these clowns get wrecked. But when that time comes, it might create a downward ripple in the regular market because Citadel is cashing out other stocks to pay for the shorts.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom