OT: Steve Krajewski | The Boneyard

OT: Steve Krajewski

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
So....became FB friends with Steve's dad George over the past couple years. Lots in common...he's a retired cop, I'm a retired firefighter. My son is a cop, Steve's brother is as well...yadda yadda.
Always like Steve, and he comes from a fine family. I was glad to see him land the starting job at Wagner this year. He had a great game vs FCS powerhouse Fordham, and despite a loss, he had a great game with 334 yards and 2 TD's. He was honored by the NEC this week. Happy for him. I always enjoy seeing any Husky find success.
Krajewski Throws For 334 Yards In Seahawk Debut; Football Falls At Fordham

Reaction Score
Interesting to see how good the GS QB is, D Grainger who kept Steve off the field last year at Georgia State. They play Navy next and play Sacred Heart also.

Reaction Score
Steve might had an easier route to the starting job at UConn had he stayed. Luck always plays a role in these things.

Reaction Score
I think the saddest thing to me about UConn being bad at football for over a decade is how bad the losses were for the players. I know how tough it is for us fans to watch our team lose, but it must be 100x worst for the players. Especially the ones that gave their heart and soul for us only to be matched by less than competent program builders.

Players like Steven Krajewski, Arkeel Newsome, Ryan Van Demark, Jay Rose, Kevin Mensah, Bryant Shirreffs, Donovan Williams and so many others. Players that never complained or talked negatively about the program even when they had every right to talk. I'm sure you guys can name more.

So glad we have Mora.

Reaction Score
Players that never complained or talked negatively about the program even when they had every right to talk. I'm sure you guys can name more.
Were there any guys that talked negatively of the program?

Reaction Score
So....became FB friends with Steve's dad George over the past couple years. Lots in common...he's a retired cop, I'm a retired firefighter. My son is a cop, Steve's brother is as well...yadda yadda.
Always like Steve, and he comes from a fine family. I was glad to see him land the starting job at Wagner this year. He had a great game vs FCS powerhouse Fordham, and despite a loss, he had a great game with 334 yards and 2 TD's. He was honored by the NEC this week. Happy for him. I always enjoy seeing any Husky find success.
Krajewski Throws For 334 Yards In Seahawk Debut; Football Falls At Fordham
He is in good hands with a good friend of mine, Walt Hameline, currently AD but football coach at Wagner for many years. Good luck to him for a great season.

Reaction Score
In October 2021 Steve came in a led us to a lead late at Vandy. After we scored to take the lead we had a freshman on kick coverge (Didio) commit a personel foul which gave Vandy a chance a kick a field goal to win it. I think he ran for the TD to put us ahead. He and the program have rarely caught a break.

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
I think the saddest thing to me about UConn being bad at football for over a decade is how bad the losses were for the players. I know how tough it is for us fans to watch our team lose, but it must be 100x worst for the players. Especially the ones that gave their heart and soul for us only to be matched by less than competent program builders.

Players like Steven Krajewski, Arkeel Newsome, Ryan Van Demark, Jay Rose, Kevin Mensah, Bryant Shirreffs, Donovan Williams and so many others. Players that never complained or talked negatively about the program even when they had every right to talk. I'm sure you guys can name more.

So glad we have Mora.
Jay rose I dunno, he had his own stuff he needed to address early on, he did find his footing later on tho. I would add pindell to that list for sure

Reaction Score

So glad we have Mora.
Can't disagree with the general sentiment you expressed, however to be fair both Newsome and Shirreffs went to a bowl game with UConn. I don't know personally whether they have a negative view of their experience here.

Reaction Score
Jay rose I dunno, he had his own stuff he needed to address early on, he did find his footing later on tho. I would add pindell to that list for sure
What happened to jay rose? Did he have a pro tryout?

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
In October 2021 Steve came in a led us to a lead late at Vandy. After we scored to take the lead we had a freshman on kick coverge (Didio) commit a personel foul which gave Vandy a chance a kick a field goal to win it. I think he ran for the TD to put us ahead. He and the program have rarely caught a break.
It was Tua F Brown who is now our starting LB with that personal foul. Without that penalty, we win that game.

Reaction Score
Just put it on. My eye started twitching seeing Wagner. Last time I saw them was live when we eeked out a victory. Indication that we were in for a long year.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Did Steve get hurt or do they rotate 2 QBs? Turned the game on just before the half and I'm pretty sure #1 isn't Steven Krajewski.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom