OT Stephen Curry 77 Straight 3's in Practice | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT Stephen Curry 77 Straight 3's in Practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ray has only a 'short' time to enjoy being number one. That's my one disappointment, couldn't it have skipped a generation or two?

Reaction Score
I don't know that I can buy this either. In every 3 pt contest I've ever watched, it's rare to see someone hit 8-9 in a row. Granted, the surroundings are different...but 77 in a row? I'm also calling BS.

I've hit 32 in a row (college distance) just shooting in an empty gym with a guy feeding me. And I had no chance at getting a scholarship, much less make a living at it.

You just sometimes get in a relaxed rhythm shooting at your own pace, and muscle memory takes over. Three-point contests get you out of a rhythm by forcing you to rush a little.

Reaction Score
I've hit 32 in a row (college distance) just shooting in an empty gym with a guy feeding me. And I had no chance at getting a scholarship, much less make a living at it.

You just sometimes get in a relaxed rhythm shooting at your own pace, and muscle memory takes over. Three-point contests get you out of a rhythm by forcing you to rush a little.
Do you still have eligibility?

Reaction Score
Ray has only a 'short' time to enjoy being number one. That's my one disappointment, couldn't it have skipped a generation or two?

It will be interesting to see if Ray's record gets caught by Curry. Curry is definitely a superior player to Ray Allen in just about every aspect, but will he be able to keep this 3 pt pace up as his athleticism dips with age? Ray has a couple of inches on Curry, and seemed to have a higher release point on his shot, which helped him get his shot off as he aged. Allen was pretty durable as well. Will Curry stay healthy (ankles?)?

Reaction Score
superjohn said:
Do you still have eligibility?

Not DI, but I think I could play a postgrad year at a DII.

My personal best was 20 points against Hobart in a JV game, so I'm not exactly in high demand as a rent a player.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
If we could just get Purvis, DHam and TSam to take 77 threes a day....

Reaction Score
I believe it. If you get into that shooters pocket and dont have to move and are in rhythm its game over for someone like Steph. All it takes is a slight mistake in the release or mechanics to throw you off and after a streak of 77 you probably arent getting backing into that mindset and rhythm.

I saw Jamal Coombs-McDaniel break Ray's UConn record of made FTs in a row during practice. I believe it was 101 in a row. By the time he was around 90ish the team was surrounding him and the rebounder was giving him crisp feeds right back. They would roll it back to him sometimes so he had to bend down or move to the left/right just screwing with him to try to mess with his rhythm and get him uncomfortable. He was shooting at the hoop in front of the student section at gampel that is lower and upper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom