OT - Squid admits UK will lose | The Boneyard

OT - Squid admits UK will lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Just curious if anyone knows if UConn's name appears on other team's message boards as much as dook, uk, cuse and others appears on OUR board.

I may be in the minority but I would love to see a new Board created for 'other team' threads, or 'uk, cuse, dook, etc.' message threads by UConn fan' followers (think real cesspool board). Funny but I bet it would probably be well populated with posts.

By the way I've been to their boards and did a search for UConn, and nothing show up, even after we play national big time or significant games.

Last edited:

caw

Reaction Score
Kansas drops this and that's 4 out of six losses.

Reaction Score
Just curious if anyone knows if UConn's name appears on other team's message boards as much as dook, uk, cuse and others appears on OUR board.

I may be in the minority but I would love to see a new Board created for 'other team' threads, or 'uk, cuse, dook, etc.' message threads by UConn fan' followers (think real cesspool board). Funny but I bet it would probably be well populated with posts.

By the way I've been to their boards and did a search for UConn, and nothing show up, even after we play national big time or significant games.

they don't know how to type in that area of KY. Plus a lot of them don't have electricity yet.

Reaction Score

So if you went to their message boards and searched for UCONN and nothing showed up, haven't you answered your own question?

Reaction Score
So if you went to their message boards and searched for UCONN and nothing showed up, haven't you answered your own question?
Yeah somewhat, but that was far and few between.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
if he loses, he knew he couldn't win

if he wins, he's a genius

it's all about the Squid

Reaction Score
if he loses, he knew he couldn't win

if he wins, he's a genius

it's all about the Squid

"I have to teach them how to win. They con't know how to win yet. That's why they hired me to coach these kids"

You have guys who have won on all levels of their lives, they are winners that's why they are at Kentucky. What you need to do is just coach them to a win, because you're supposed to be the greatest. You have the best players who come out of HS period, how about just doing your job without excuses Squid?

Reaction Score
"I have to teach them how to win. They don't know how to win yet. That's why they hired me to coach these kids"

You have guys who have won on all levels of their lives, they are winners that's why they are at Kentucky. What you need to do is just coach them to a win, because you're supposed to be the greatest. You have the best players who come out of HS period, how about just doing your job without excuses Squid?

I don't see the excuse there. He literally said he wasn't doing his job well enough.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Who cares what they do? We do what we want to do. It's good to see interest in other college basketball programs imo. And it's FUN to poke fun at Cal, Duke, and Cuse. God forbid we actually have some fun in this place.

If you create another board, nobody will go. I don't go to other boards because I don't have time. And I want to see what other people on the basketball board's opinions are.

Again, you don't like them, don't read them. I mean, you are posting in the threads.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The Squid...............
Enough said - the most slippery human on earth
The ultimate SLIME BALL

Reaction Score
"I have to teach them how to win. They con't know how to win yet. That's why they hired me to coach these kids"

Kansas has some good players, too. There's a reason they're like 500-9 at Phog Allen since Self took over.

Honestly, Cal has done a good job with this team. They're talented, but they're also young, and it isn't like most years where the talent advantage is overwhelming. Teaching young kids to play defense is possibly the toughest part of the job description, and Cal does it as well as anybody (and so does Ollie, which is why people should step off the edge).

The defensive rotations against Kansas yesterday were, from my vantage point, way better than they were earlier in the season. They're going to be a bear come March.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Kansas has some good players, too. There's a reason they're like 500-9 at Phog Allen since Self took over.

Honestly, Cal has done a good job with this team. They're talented, but they're also young, and it isn't like most years where the talent advantage is overwhelming. Teaching young kids to play defense is possibly the toughest part of the job description, and Cal does it as well as anybody (and so does Ollie, which is why people should step off the edge).

The defensive rotations against Kansas yesterday were, from my vantage point, way better than they were earlier in the season. They're going to be a bear come March.

I don't understand the 'Cal can't coach' meme. The guy wins where ever he goes (no matter how shady his recruiting practices were/may-be); I mean, he won at freaking UMASS! Just getting the best players isn't enough to win consistently. You've got to be able to mold a team. Although a great problem to have, getting me first stars to play as a cohesive unit isn't all that easy. Especially, as you say, with guys who sometimes haven't ever had to play a lick of defense.

He's a slimy, mildly repulsive salesmen, and it's proven that he'll regularly ignore the rules to win recruiting battles. But he def can coach. He has his coaching flaws to be sure, but the guy does a lot of winning.

That was gross. I'm going to go wash myself off now.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Since I live in Ky now,because the economy in Ct has been crap for forever now,nothing feels better then seeing UK and UOFL fans after a loss.

Reaction Score
I don't understand the 'Cal can't coach' meme. The guy wins where ever he goes (no matter how shady his recruiting practices were/may-be); I mean, he won at freaking UMASS! Just getting the best players isn't enough to win consistently. You've got to be able to mold a team. Although a great problem to have, getting me first stars to play as a cohesive unit isn't all that easy. Especially, as you say, with guys who sometimes haven't ever had to play a lick of defense.

He's a slimy, mildly repulsive salesmen, and it's proven that he'll regularly ignore the rules to win recruiting battles. But he def can coach. He has his coaching flaws to be sure, but the guy does a lot of winning.

That was gross. I'm going to go wash myself off now.
He brought in a ton of talent at UMass and had the best player in the country. He recruits like crazy wherever he is and can coach but he's shown some bad moments at the end of big games in recent years. Good coach, not sure if he's a truly great coach.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I bet if I had anthony davis in college I could win a championship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom